Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

To What Extend Can An Award Ticket Be Changed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium

Hello,

I am looking at booking an Around the World Award Ticket in Business with ANA. I am trying to determine the fees, and allowability of changes, but am having a hard time determining what the website policy is about this. Below is a snippet of the ANA policy:

About changes after applying
[Approval for changes]

・After ticketing, you can change your departure date within the ticket's validity period.

* Itineraries cannot be changed to start within 3 days of the ticketing date.

* Reservations will not be accepted more than 355 days prior to your boarding date.

* Changes in season that result when boarding dates are changed are subject to an adjustment in the required mileage for the difference in price.
If the required mileage increases, we will deduct miles for the difference in price. If you do not have enough miles for the adjusted price, you will not be able to change your reservation. Note that if the mileage decreases, miles will be refunded based on the difference in price.
However, miles cannot be refunded after their expiration date. Adjustments for differences in price cannot be paid in cash. Only miles will be offered.

・If there is seat available for lower class booking can be changed to lower class cabin. However, mileage for such changes is not returned when changing a reservation to a lower cabin class.

・When flight award tickets are issued using mileage for an upgraded cabin class, booking change can be made to upper class when there is an available seat in an upgraded cabin class.

* Please note that some routes are subject to seasonal operation and cancellations.

[Disapprove for changes]

・You cannot change the passenger name or name of the person providing the miles after applying.

・No changes in airlines, passengers, segments, stopovers, transit points are allowed.
No changes from stopover to transit points, neither transit points to stopovers are allowed.

* If a segment is operated by multiple airlines partnering with ANA and Air Japan, a change in airline is allowed within the same segment.

・The Partner Flight Award is not permitted to change ANA Flight International Awards.

[How to change]

You must contact the ANA Mileage Club Service Center or an overseas AMC Service Center if you wish to change your boarding date or cabin class. Changes will be accepted up to the day prior to your boarding date.

* You cannnot change your flight booking at airport.
Can I:

Change the dates of flights assuming there is award availability as long as I don't change the city pairs?
Make changes after travel has commenced?
Change to a different carrier on the route between two city pairs?

Any insight or past experiences is appreciated.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Based on the rule text:
Date can be changed as long as it is to a day more than 3 days after ticketing, and up to 355 days in advance. This is assuming the date is within the ticket validity dates.

Make changes after travel has commenced? - Looks like it.
Change to a different carrier on the route between two city pairs? - Only to/from Air Japan and mainline ANA. Ie, effectively no.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Thanks for the response. Also, If i have a business class reservation, but one leg is in coach because of lack of availability, and that availability later opens up, can i without a fee get into that business class cabin?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Of course, but you will need to monitor availability yourself since they will not waitlist it for you.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by pWei
Based on the rule text:
Date can be changed as long as it is to a day more than 3 days after ticketing, and up to 355 days in advance. This is assuming the date is within the ticket validity dates.

Change to a different carrier on the route between two city pairs? - Only to/from Air Japan and mainline ANA. Ie, effectively no.

can anyone confirm if above is true?

and what does the following mean:
The Partner Flight Award is not permitted to change ANA Flight International Awards.

does it mean if it's partner flight award, no change is allowed?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:01 pm

[/Quote]
The Partner Flight Award is not permitted to change ANA Flight International Awards.[/Quote]

ANA has two different award charts, one for all ANA metal at lower prices and one that includes at least one segment on a partner airline at higher prices.

This is saying that once you book a partner Flight award, you can not change to an all ANA itinerary and get miles back for the difference.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: Airpoints, Aeroplan
So... I'm just curious
Should I hold off attempting to book at SFO-SYD flight because of the rules? There are at least 4 different routing options I use with 1 non-stop, 1 via YVR, 1 via AKL and 1 via ICN. Of course hoping for a business flight, but as we know with the trans-Pacific routes lately, it's been much harder to get award availability in business. (I had a lot of luck in 2011... even 2 first class United tickets...)
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by corrad

can anyone confirm if above is true?

and what does the following mean:
The Partner Flight Award is not permitted to change ANA Flight International Awards.

does it mean if it's partner flight award, no change is allowed?
decided to call ANA; they confirmed that changes can still be made even if the first segment of the award flight has already been used. Now, the part I am not sure what she said, "as long as it's 4 days before the next flight"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.