Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: *$ Green
That was an extremely precise and complete answer.

Many thanks for your help.

+1

I believe FUK airport is really close from the Grand Hyatt by subway, so I will hit that up in the morning!

Thanks for your tips.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:36 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I believe FUK airport is really close from the Grand Hyatt by subway, so I will hit that up in the morning!
The GH is about a 5-10 minute walk from Gion Station, which itself is three stops away from the airport. Alternatively you could take a 10 minute taxi ride to the terminal. FYI, the HR is a 5 minute walk from Higashi-Hie Station, one station away from the airport.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
Note: With these fares you must checkin through the ticket counter. The kiosk machines won't issue you a boarding pass as the ticket agent must check your passport. Allow extra time at the airport. At HND the wait time was 20 minutes and at ITM there was no wait.
Correct. There are warning messages at booking to have copies of outbound travel out of Japan, but these were not requested. My checkin was a but funny as the agent was a trainee and had someone helping her. I'm sure it was a good learning experience.

My only upgrade (after I was guested into the lounge) was to request a bulkhead seat. Didn't even think about an upgrade to F... but that's ok. Still was fun to ride on a 787.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by armagebedar
The GH is about a 5-10 minute walk from Gion Station, which itself is three stops away from the airport. Alternatively you could take a 10 minute taxi ride to the terminal. FYI, the HR is a 5 minute walk from Higashi-Hie Station, one station away from the airport.
Either way these are much closer compared to the Hilton Seahawk.

With the subway, is there a bus ride required to get to the International Terminal? Heard someone mention that and we took a taxi. Good thing too with my mountain of luggage from a certain warehouse store
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
Either way these are much closer compared to the Hilton Seahawk.

With the subway, is there a bus ride required to get to the International Terminal? Heard someone mention that and we took a taxi. Good thing too with my mountain of luggage from a certain warehouse store
You have to take a free shuttlebus between INT and DOM.

http://www.fuk-ab.co.jp/english/bus3.html

There is no subway sation at the international terminal.
So, taxi is better option for passenger with a lot of luggages.
From Hakata station, approx 3.5-4 km ride to the international terminal, 4.6km to the domestic terminal.
From HR, 3.1km ride to INT.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Apr 22, 2015 at 3:58 am
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:48 am

Last time we were in FUK, we spent one night at the HR on arrival, and then switched to GH.

HR was so close to the airport, it was disturbing! Too bad I didn't like the HR very much.

Besides, GH is close to Gion 1-1, Pachinko slots!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
ANA Experience japan Fare/Star Alliance Pass

Hi all

Looking to book the JPY10,000 tickets for travel in/out from HND to CTS, departing HND 17 Dec and returning 24 Dec. Need to leave Sapporo for HND on a morning flight on 24th Dec, as my outbound flight to Singapore from Haneda is at 1640 hours on SQ.

Currently, the Star Alliance pass (I'm flying SQ from SIN- NRT/HND -SIN,) shows that 24 Dec is a blackout date.

Does anyone know from past experience if the Experience japan offer will be extended to 24 Dec, and if it dificult to get tickets for 24 Dec? Currently, the ANA website only allows bookings till 26 October.

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by banoffi
Does anyone know from past experience if the Experience japan offer will be extended to 24 Dec, and if it dificult to get tickets for 24 Dec?
I doubt the blackout will change, but getting a ticket on 24 Dec shouldn't be either difficult or expensive.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Thanks for the advice. I shall hold out then - hopefully they extend the Experience Japan fare to cover 24 Dec as well.

I found out today that while I can use the Star alliance Pass for my outbound to CTS on 17 Dec, the ANA office will charge me $80 service fee per ticket, on top of my JPY10000 Star Alliance Pass fare, as I can't book that online. No service fee for Experience Japan fare since I will be able to book online once they are available.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
BTW, even UA issued award flight of NH domestic route can be upgraded by this same day upgrade. But no miles at all for AMC.

so UA issued award earn miles on ANA domestic flight on programs other than ANA Mileage club?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:36 am

does it get 0 or 400 premium point for ANA mileage bank?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:06 pm

the 3 day advance is not real. the international site uses pacific time, i was able to book monday morning flight on saturday at 3:55pm... and it credits as Y in A3.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I'm looking to book the experience japan fare for end of october, but the site says "For travel until Saturday, October 24, 2015".
It the fare ending oct 24, or are they incrementally extending it? If so, when do they extend dates?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
I'm looking to book the experience japan fare for end of october, but the site says "For travel until Saturday, October 24, 2015".
It the fare ending oct 24, or are they incrementally extending it? If so, when do they extend dates?
I've seen the 'for travel until' date extended several times. Bookings for ANA's discounted domestic 'Tabiwari' fare for 25 October 2015 to 26 March 2015 start on 25 August at 09:30 JST. It's possible that the Experience Japan Fare for the period after 24 October becomes available at the same time.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:48 pm

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the EJ fare was upgradable for 9,000Y and posted as F with bonus to Aeroplan (Aug 7th).

Sidenote: Why do some agents say "F is full" and 30 seconds later another person sells you the fare no questions asked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.