Consolidated ANA in-flight wifi thread

Old Jun 2, 17, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA&Mariott Plat Prem.
NH is by the book unfortunately. Good luck trying to get a refund on your wifi.
Old Jun 7, 17, 6:33 pm

Programs: ANA (Platinum, SFC) *G, JAL (JALCARD), IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by TennisNoob View Post
Thats the bad part of Japan
Old Jun 7, 17, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, 1MM, NH, DL, AA, GE/Nexus, APEC..
No plans on trying.
It's the concept and customer service approach I found weird compared to LH.
I spoke with a few other pax and we were all surprised at the poor quality.

I did receive one of those long, detailed post-flight questionnaires so I listed the wifi problem and response on the form.
Old Jun 7, 17, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
I did receive one of those long, detailed post-flight questionnaires so I listed the wifi problem and response on the form.
Yeah I'm sure no one reads that and even if they do, nothing will get addressed.

Can't you file a chargeback?

I knew there internet was garbage when they used to give out free 15min/100mb internet.
Old Jun 9, 17, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, 1MM, NH, DL, AA, GE/Nexus, APEC..
Yeah I'm sure no one reads that and even if they do, nothing will get addressed.

I knew there internet was garbage when they used to give out free 15min/100mb internet.

I thought about it for a few seconds but it was $19.95 and it's done. I'm not inclined to waste time with a chargeback for that amount.

I rationalized that drinking the Krug was the compensation for the poor wifi.

I would add though, that I would never recommend paying ANA for wifi. While I have a colleague who flew the 787 from YVR and his wifi worked, it did not for me and all the other pax on my flight.

Also, there is nowhere near the value in terms of speed of data when it did work as compared to the same money or less that I paid on BR, LH and AA (LAX-LHR) who use the same wifi provider and service was great.

As I mentioned upthread, my observation is that it was poor form for a CP to have no ability to offer F or even J pax a voucher as compensation (as LH did for me once). Either ANA doesn't consider these things to be part of their customer service protocol, or the crew are trained to direct the pax to the info on the wifi card, as the CP did to me.

Also annoying was that - again, unlike the T-Mobile DT service on the other 3 - once I paid for ANA wifi, I never received an email with the purchase receipt. It obviously showed up on my cc, but still.

Attached Images   

Last edited by 24left; Jun 9, 17 at 6:36 pm
Old Jun 11, 17, 8:38 pm

Yeah, dispute it. Not the amount, but the principle.
Old Dec 22, 18, 1:24 pm

Programs: United 1K
ANA now offers complimentary WiFi to customers in F. The flight attendants give out scratch cards with codes when handing out the amenity kits. Like the standard full flight WiFi package, data transfer is limited to 100mb. In my experience, the FA encourage people to take multiple cards and are happy to provide extra cards throughout the flight.
IndyHoosier and seigex like this.
Old Feb 20, 19, 4:44 pm

NH 77W Wifi

Does NH have any plans to replace OnAir or wait till a new aircraft is released? Just flew on the 789 to SIN and the Panasonic 2.0 wifi is so much better.

The best word to describe OnAir is trash. I've only used it cause it's free.
Old Feb 21, 19, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Does NH have any plans to replace OnAir or wait till a new aircraft is released? Just flew on the 789 to SIN and the Panasonic 2.0 wifi is so much better.

The best word to describe OnAir is trash. I've only used it cause it's free.
Is Panasonic 2.0 new? I used Panasonic on an AA 789 (DFW-NRT) and it was just as bad as OnAir. Barely worked, but at least was "unlimited" when it did versus shutting off at 100mb. Would be nice to see a better transpac wifi option.
Old Feb 24, 19, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by seigex View Post
Is Panasonic 2.0 new? I used Panasonic on an AA 789 (DFW-NRT) and it was just as bad as OnAir. Barely worked, but at least was "unlimited" when it did versus shutting off at 100mb. Would be nice to see a better transpac wifi option.
It's much newer than OnAir I guess

The problem with OnAir is there's no way to check usage or stop usage on iPhones. The limit is also not helpful at all.
Old Feb 24, 19, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
It's much newer than OnAir I guess

The problem with OnAir is there's no way to check usage or stop usage on iPhones. The limit is also not helpful at all.
Honestly on my last ANA flight LAX-NRT I just kind of gave up at some point and tried my best to only use the data for receiving texts from my kids. Good thing there was a good selection of food and enough movies to take up my awake time.

Search this Thread