Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated ANA in-flight wifi thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Did ANA refund your wifi when it was poor? (Curious)
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: NH Dia (MM), QF-Plt, S-La GC Dia, Marriot Plt
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Did ANA refund your wifi when it was poor? (Curious)
Of the 5 or so times I've used this service, I can't say it's ever been THAT bad to demand my money back.

I guess I use it knowing in advance that it's pretty slow...but generally good enough for my Outlook and Lync to stay connected.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:37 pm

ANA Wi-fi on 77W (NRT-JFK)

I have an upcoming flight on a ANA 77W, NRT-JFK, and I am curious to learn more about the in-flight wifi service provided by OnAir. Unfortunately the information on the English language version of the website is less than clear.

- Is this service available on all aircraft of this type (77W), or just select planes?

- Generally speaking, what is availability/coverage like? Any areas which are dead spots?

- Is the very expensive pricing listed, where the top tier is $29 for 100MB, still accurate? Guessing they don't have any higher usage or unlimited plans.

Any experiences would be helpful.

Thanks so much!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:13 pm

I should probably mention that experiences with the wifi on other int'l flights, not just NH10 NRT-JFK, would be appreciated as well!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by dolemite

- Is this service available on all aircraft of this type (77W), or just select planes?

- Generally speaking, what is availability/coverage like? Any areas which are dead spots?

- Is the very expensive pricing listed, where the top tier is $29 for 100MB, still accurate? Guessing they don't have any higher usage or unlimited plans.

Any experiences would be helpful.

Thanks so much!
~Yes the 77W has it
~Coverage is okay but I rarely use it.
~Super expensive IMO that's why I rarely use it. You do get an free trial, it will help you send 5-10 emails if needed. It's very unclear. Like NH would say Full Flight plan but it's not an full flight plan like UA. It's limited to an certain amount of MB.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
~Yes the 77W has it
~Coverage is okay but I rarely use it.
~Super expensive IMO that's why I rarely use it. You do get an free trial, it will help you send 5-10 emails if needed. It's very unclear. Like NH would say Full Flight plan but it's not an full flight plan like UA. It's limited to an certain amount of MB.
All the 77Ws in their fleet?

And when you use up the 100MB, do you have the option of buying more? The language about your "termination" in the website is a bit ominous!
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: NH Dia (MM), QF-Plt, S-La GC Dia, Marriot Plt
Indeed, WIFI 2 on the 787 is so much a better offering. Kinda amazing the big difference between WIFI 1 on 777 and WIFI 2. I think the $16.95 for 3 hours on the 787 is pretty reasonable.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by dolemite
All the 77Ws in their fleet?

And when you use up the 100MB, do you have the option of buying more? The language about your "termination" in the website is a bit ominous!
Yes 77W
I'm not sure about there 772s

You can always buy more or create more email accounts to get free access lol
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Any experience sending/receiving messages using iMessage on ANA satellite wi-fi? On 77W or 787.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I just wanted to share that I used WiFi2 on SEA-NRT recently and it was very stable and fast; I really wish other airlines' wi-fi could be reliably useful like that.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:50 pm

A question about the "Full-Flight Plan (max. 24 hours) - $ 21.95" on the 789 - does the plan continue if you're connecting to another ANA 789 flight?

EX: YVR - HND on a 789 connecting to HND - SYD on again a 789 -- one plan for both legs?

Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Yul67
A question about the "Full-Flight Plan (max. 24 hours) - $ 21.95" on the 789 - does the plan continue if you're connecting to another ANA 789 flight?

EX: YVR - HND on a 789 connecting to HND - SYD on again a 789 -- one plan for both legs?

Thanks
For JL is does, but I have not in a situation where it could be applicable on NH. Log in and see what happens on second flight.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
For JL is does, but I have not in a situation where it could be applicable on NH. Log in and see what happens on second flight.
Thanks - I would still prefer to find out before because I'll probably only buy it if I'm sure that it will work on both legs.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:38 pm

Hoping to get some info on the wifi2 service on my B789 YVR to HND flight.

The ANA website lists the wifi2 price on the B787/A320neo as "Full-Flight Plan (max. 24 hours) - $ 21.95". It does not list a data limit like it does for the wifi on the B777-300ER/B767-300ER. Is it safe to assume the wifi2 service has unlimited data?

TIA.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
My recent experience (F cabin)

Flew NH 5 LAX-NRT (777-300ER)

1. Paid for wifi and immediately got error message
2. Eventually wifi connected.
3. Never received receipt of purchase
4. Wifi was beyond slow and I spoke with the chief purser. She confirmed it was working but said there were many complaints from the (completely full) J cabin on the impossibly slow speed.

Towards the end of the flight, she came by to ask if it improved (no) and she then pulled the wifi brochure from the side-storage and opened it to the page with the contact email and phone info, and suggested I contact them. (Really, is that what you tell a F cabin pax?)

She also said that "the service is inconsistent and sometimes works and sometimes doesn't and it varies by type of aircraft and can also be affected by interference or link to the satellite".

I replied:

I've had repeatedly excellent experiences using the wifi service on BR, LH and AA (international). All of them use T-Mobile Deutsch Telekom. Their fees were either exactly the same or lower, and in all cases I received an immediate email confirming purchase.

I also pointed out to her that in the one case where there was a problem with the service for the last part of a flight with one of these other airlines, their chief purser offered me a voucher for use on a future flight for duty-free.

NH chief purser indicated that she does not have the authority to do that and I said, well now that I had this experience, why would I ever want to pay for wifi again when I have no guarantee that it would work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.