Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA announced NEW premium economy seats and enhanced service

ANA announced NEW premium economy seats and enhanced service

Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by newballs

Does this mean if I book now in Y for New York to Narita, I will get Y+? What does regular rate mean? Full Y, or discount Y is okay too? Thanks!
Full Y and the cost close to discount business, so you are better off buying discount business if it is your own money. Premium economy is only for companies wouldn't pay for their employees to travel in business, hence a better option than normal economy.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Full Y and the cost close to discount business, so you are better off buying discount business if it is your own money. Premium economy is only for companies wouldn't pay for their employees to travel in business, hence a better option than normal economy.
Thanks! I guess I'll just book in discount Y this time.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: ANA DIA+SFC, BAEC Gold, CX Diamond, HH Dia, SPG Gold, IHC Plat
New ANA long haul PE seats, intro schedule announced

ANA announced the new PE, which looks heads and shoulders above Y.
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/lo...otion/py_seat/
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:17 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Thanks, but this has already been announced here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-n...d-service.html
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: ANA DIA+SFC, BAEC Gold, CX Diamond, HH Dia, SPG Gold, IHC Plat
Sorry, please feel free to delete
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:15 pm

september now still cant find premium economy

i was reading thru previous posts and someone posted that premium economy will be available for JFK come september but i still cant find it.

when i look at the pulldown all i see is economy, business, first class. once i get to result list i can't see a tab that says premium economy. i cant even see anything that would make me change my fare type/class.

help!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:58 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bluemarlinfish
i was reading thru previous posts and someone posted that premium economy will be available for JFK come september but i still cant find it.

when i look at the pulldown all i see is economy, business, first class. once i get to result list i can't see a tab that says premium economy. i cant even see anything that would make me change my fare type/class.

help!
Welcome to FT and the ANA forum, bluemarlinfish!

I just did a search on ANA Japan website. There's indeed only Economy in the drop down menu. But on the search results page, the premium economy fares are displayed together with the economy ones under "Value fares". And there's a tab for "Premium Economy Seats" for PY only fares.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak

I just did a search on ANA Japan website. There's indeed only Economy in the drop down menu. But on the search results page, the premium economy fares are displayed together with the economy ones under "Value fares". And there's a tab for "Premium Economy Seats" for PY only fares.
may i know the series of buttons you clicked and the criterias you've chosen? i know that request sounds stupid but i really can't see the premium economy..

im doing january 11 - 28 jfk-manila-jfk

this is how my screen looks like:

http://geekinpeach.blogspot.com/2012/09/ana.html

or are my eyes playing tricks on me, again...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak

may i know what steps/series of buttons you clicked? i know that request sounds stupid but i might not be checking the right checkbox or radio buttons to see the premium economy...

this is what i get after i choose my dates and destinations to and from:

are my eyes playing tricks on me again??
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:39 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bluemarlinfish
may i know what steps/series of buttons you clicked? i know that request sounds stupid but i might not be checking the right checkbox or radio buttons to see the premium economy...

this is what i get after i choose my dates and destinations to and from:

are my eyes playing tricks on me again??
The US website is different from the Japan one. To search for PY using the US site, click the "Search Options" link on the right under "Promotion Code". Then you can check the PY boxes to update the results
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
If you're *A Gold with another flyer program, are these seats available for free upgrade the same way United E+ seats are handled?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
If you're *A Gold with another flyer program, are these seats available for free upgrade the same way United E+ seats are handled?
No only for NH elites unless you manage to get Op Upped.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Officially, UA E+ seats are not even for other *G to grab
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
E+ seats are not free to non-UA *Gs. This was the case, until about 2005 or 2006 (Full Y also used to get it at this point), but not since then. If a flight is oversold in E-, they'll likely move *G to E+ before non-status members. You may also find some agents willing to move *G up without charge if E- is not oversold, though I suspect with the new management in, this is less likely than last year.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
There is now a check box for Premium Y on ANA's US website under reservation. Nice improvement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.