Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
ANA website seat maps
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_common/departure/inflight/seatmap/
2-2-2 or 2-3-2 staggered all isle seats. Photos can be seen below.

FAQ about ANA "BUSINESS STAGGERED"
1. What planes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777-300ER(77W) and 787-900 (789), as well as one type of the B787-8(169 seats variation).
ANA website links on business staggered class is here (77W), (789) and B787-8(169 seats variation).

2. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats, odd number rows on the left (1A,3A,5A..), even number rows on the right (2K,4K,6K...)

3. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus.

4. I see 1A blocked on the 789 or 787. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.

5. What routes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777W routes =NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH, & HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,CDG,FRA,LHR
ALL 789 routes (215 seats variation) = HND-SYD,SIN,BKK,HAN,SJC,SEA,YVR,CDG,MUC,DUS,
B787-8(169 seats variation). = NRT-MEX,BRU,DEL,BOM

6. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the preferred temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.

PHOTOS

Post 461 - Seat 3A on the B789 - August 2018 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072531-post461.html

5 photos below from Boeing 777-300ER (77W)
From 2 flights on the same trip - May 2017 - posted by 24left

Print Wikipost

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by truncated
Yes — you can preview the seat map when booking. It looks like the first two NRT-PVG flights in the day are operated with the business staggered 788 configs while the rest are the regional configs (2-2-2 recliners in J).
Thanks I booked for the 2nd flight and hopefully, it is on staggered unless they change the equipment!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, EVA
rear business mini cabin on 77w?

So I was reading through the super long thread about the cabin layout for business class on this forum, with some people saying the mini cabins might have a compromise to service, is that true?

I'll be flying on one of their configurations where they have 68 business class seats (?!), which is the most i've seen out of all the airlines I flew. Additionally they have a mini cabin in the back too. Any experience flying in the third one in the back? Is it too close to the galley where it gets noisy? Do you get serviced last? Thanks all!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Any opinions on seat 9A on the 789 when flying alone? 1A is blocked, but 9A is available, and they both appear to be bulkhead window seats which offer added privacy. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by felxcat
So I was reading through the super long thread about the cabin layout for business class on this forum, with some people saying the mini cabins might have a compromise to service, is that true?

I'll be flying on one of their configurations where they have 68 business class seats (?!), which is the most i've seen out of all the airlines I flew. Additionally they have a mini cabin in the back too. Any experience flying in the third one in the back? Is it too close to the galley where it gets noisy? Do you get serviced last? Thanks all!
If you're talking about the mini cabin in the front on the 77W, then there's absolutely no compromise in service! My favorite is 5A, so very private and with F cabin in the front, there's even less foot traffic. The galley and toilets are behind so you get service first and no F pax will walk past your seat to the toilets. I never had any problems with noise from the galley.

Never sat in the back so I really can't comment.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:39 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kittiyut
If you're talking about the mini cabin in the front on the 77W, then there's absolutely no compromise in service! My favorite is 5A, so very private and with F cabin in the front, there's even less foot traffic. The galley and toilets are behind so you get service first and no F pax will walk past your seat to the toilets. I never had any problems with noise from the galley.

Never sat in the back so I really can't comment.
pretty much on77w, but the new j is better lol
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:01 am

ANA J - Travelling with companion

So I had to settle for a J flight from ORD to HND instead of F. Hopefully flying F on the way back.

I was researching mainly on F cabin and knew the middle seats are not really great for travelling with a cabin - most of the threads on here seem to be about F not J as well.

Any info on the J cabin ? Are the centre seats still very private? Prefer middle and Aisle or 2 middles.

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by tush17
So I had to settle for a J flight from ORD to HND instead of F. Hopefully flying F on the way back.

I was researching mainly on F cabin and knew the middle seats are not really great for travelling with a cabin - most of the threads on here seem to be about F not J as well.

Any info on the J cabin ? Are the centre seats still very private? Prefer middle and Aisle or 2 middles.

Thanks
Um, look at the seat thread. I posted a range of photos in the wiki.

ANA - even in J - has very private seat design.

I fly mostly AC's 788/789/777 aircraft as I'm mostly TPAC. Also fly CX and BR on those routes, plus different routes with TK, EY, LX, LH, SQ and AA.

When travelling alone long-haul, I will look for 1-2-1 J seating where the pods are private. I will not fly any airline in J in a 2-2-2.
When travelling +1, some of the 2-2-2 like TK, were great.
Much more of a challenge on the 1-2-1 depending on the design of the divider or across the aisle access.
Torode likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
Sorry for repeating question... Which routes in Asia does NH offer J Staggered? I plan to fly either from KUL or CGK and it looks like it will be on 2-2-2.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by nikkoap92
Sorry for repeating question... Which routes in Asia does NH offer J Staggered? I plan to fly either from KUL or CGK and it looks like it will be on 2-2-2.
KUL-HND/NRT is currently flown by the 788 with 2-2-2 but KUL-HND gets the 789/Business Staggered from 3/26 and KUL-NRT goes 789 from 6/2. (see https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201801/20180118.html)

CGK-NRT is 788 with 2-2-2 as is the daytime CGK-HND (NH872), but the CGK-HND redeye (NH856) is operated by the 789 with business staggered.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Microwave
Any opinions on seat 9A on the 789 when flying alone? 1A is blocked, but 9A is available, and they both appear to be bulkhead window seats which offer added privacy. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Anyone?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:50 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Microwave

Anyone?
no problems. i personally prefer the asile seat but it's quiet as it is so i assume the window seat would be quieter.
BUT, if cabin heating is a reason then it would be warmer by the window. (it wasn't on my last few flights).
PS I was in 1H
Microwave likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
ANA SIN-NRT on 789 - Flying tomorrow. Only windows seat available was 5A - Is this seat so bad that I should switch to one of the middle seats or is a seat along the windows, even if missing a window, better than the middle? 9C is available as well, but it looks too close to aisle. Thanks,
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: United 1K
Storage areas in bulkhead seats

For the 777s, some J bulkhead seats have a storage area. In the rear J cabin, seats 7D and 7H have the storage area. I’m not sure about the forward J cabin.
Microwave likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Row 5 does as well. It's where they put on the bassinet for babys.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:16 pm

ANA 789 business class Seat 10K

In the 789 with 246 seats configuration, there is a mini business class cabin with only three rows. Has anyone sat in 10K before? I'm worried about the proximity to the Premium Economy cabin where there may be children present. Is 9A a better choice? Is it as private as 1A? 1A is always blocked for VIP.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/AN...g_787-9_V3.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.