Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
ANA website seat maps
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_common/departure/inflight/seatmap/
2-2-2 or 2-3-2 staggered all isle seats. Photos can be seen below.

FAQ about ANA "BUSINESS STAGGERED"
1. What planes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777-300ER(77W) and 787-900 (789), as well as one type of the B787-8(169 seats variation).
ANA website links on business staggered class is here (77W), (789) and B787-8(169 seats variation).

2. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats, odd number rows on the left (1A,3A,5A..), even number rows on the right (2K,4K,6K...)

3. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus.

4. I see 1A blocked on the 789 or 787. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.

5. What routes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777W routes =NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH, & HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,CDG,FRA,LHR
ALL 789 routes (215 seats variation) = HND-SYD,SIN,BKK,HAN,SJC,SEA,YVR,CDG,MUC,DUS,
B787-8(169 seats variation). = NRT-MEX,BRU,DEL,BOM

6. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the preferred temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.

PHOTOS

Post 461 - Seat 3A on the B789 - August 2018 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072531-post461.html

5 photos below from Boeing 777-300ER (77W)
From 2 flights on the same trip - May 2017 - posted by 24left

Print Wikipost

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 5:48 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by brian1111
can anyone suggest me which is better seat on 787? 3A (widow on left and table on right) or 2F (the middle row seat with two tables).

can someone please tell me pros and cons?
It's pretty straightforward -- if you want a bit more privacy and a window seat, choose 3A. If you don't mind slightly less privacy than 3A and want more storage, choose 2F. Depending on what route and direction you are flying, it will be dark for much of the flight, so you may not see much from your window.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:56 pm

Looks like after March NRT-ORD is going back to the older version of the 77W.............. Was so looking forward to the newer seats in May 2013 and was happy to hear they were gonna use the new product come Oct 2012.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:00 pm

Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by choupeo
Are there bassinet seats in J cabin on the B787 long haul (NRT-SEA) ? I see that row 1 and row 6 are bulkhead seats but there are no indications about bassinets on the seat map. Thanks.
No.... this is row 6
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Looks like after March NRT-ORD is going back to the older version of the 77W.............. Was so looking forward to the newer seats in May 2013 and was happy to hear they were gonna use the new product come Oct 2012.
It could just be that NH has not loaded updated information past the current fiscal year (which ends in March).
Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Summer schedule won't be updated until January 2013 at the earliest. However, current ANA's schedule is showing 77W (IOJ) will operate ORD service on/after 31MAR13.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
Originally Posted by armagebedar
It could just be that NH has not loaded updated information past the current fiscal year (which ends in March).
Originally Posted by jimyvr
Summer schedule won't be updated until January 2013 at the earliest. However, current ANA's schedule is showing 77W (IOJ) will operate ORD service on/after 31MAR13.

I hope the 77W IOJ is still running in April! I booked my NRT-ORD flight hoping to check out the new IOJ layout in the Y cabin. I just checked the seat map for my NH12 flight and it's showing the older 77w layout.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS 100K
i've flown on the new Y-seats on the 77W (NRT-LAX), 787 (SEA-NRT), and 767 (NRT-HKG)...and I can conclude that those fixed-shell seats are one of the worst seats ever. you seriously get no back support at all and I always left the flight with a sore back. It just sucks that the back does not any cushion...it kinda feels like the crappy CO seats that are stiff as a board. I think I'll try to stick with UA across the pacific, their food might not be up to par with NH but their E+ seats and their AVOD on the newly config 777s blows ANA out of the water.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by RandyNZ
"This site contains bloadband contents."
And it's still there now...
Although, in their defense, there's no "r" sound in Japanese, so when they try to pronounce it, it sounds much closer to an "l".

Having experienced CX's back breaker Y seats, I'm rather hesitant booking SJC-xNRT-SIN for early March. It might be better for my sanity if I go SFO-x???-SIN on another carrier instead (even if it's UA).
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
for IAD-NRT, I know the service is much better with ANA, but how about the old F seats comparing to the new UA F?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:22 pm

ANA [New] J 77W and 787 Seats

I just flew NRT-IAD recently; I don't mins the seats, but they seemed awfully firm and bumpy in bed mode. The mattress pad did very little to smooth things out.

But this thread is about the C seats, so further discussion should probably be taken to another thread.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
I know this is about the J seats but has anyone seen any 77W Y economy seats (IOJ) photos that are not press photos ect?

I have checked A.net and JP.net, all the photos posted are the the old config. Is the 787 Y seat the same as the 77W IOJ seat?

Similar to this A.net 787 cabin photo

Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by 767400
I have checked A.net and JP.net, all the photos posted are the the old config. Is the 787 Y seat the same as the 77W IOJ seat?
Yes, on the long-haul configurations they are the same.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
I finally experienced these seats recently, flying NRT->PVG->NRT. Apparently the later two legs each day fly the new configuration, while the earlier flights (which I generally was taking) have the old J.

What confounds me though is why they are choosing to fly these newly configured seats on a short route like that instead of the much longer route to BKK. From what I was able to surmise from the FA, with out somewhat limited ability to communicate due to my lack of Japanese, they are targeting afternoon and evening flights, presumably due to a stronger desire to sleep, rather than morning flights. I generally fly the morning NRT to BKK and back, thus perhaps that is why I haven't seen the new seats on that route.

What I am interested in understanding further is the timeframe for a full refit of existing birds flying these intra Asia routes..
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:17 pm

Will be flying from Narita to LAX on Flight 6, 777-300ER.

I have 5A. Is this a good seat for a solo Traveler?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.