Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
ANA website seat maps
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_common/departure/inflight/seatmap/
2-2-2 or 2-3-2 staggered all isle seats. Photos can be seen below.

FAQ about ANA "BUSINESS STAGGERED"
1. What planes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777-300ER(77W) and 787-900 (789), as well as one type of the B787-8(169 seats variation).
ANA website links on business staggered class is here (77W), (789) and B787-8(169 seats variation).

2. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats, odd number rows on the left (1A,3A,5A..), even number rows on the right (2K,4K,6K...)

3. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus.

4. I see 1A blocked on the 789 or 787. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.

5. What routes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777W routes =NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH, & HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,CDG,FRA,LHR
ALL 789 routes (215 seats variation) = HND-SYD,SIN,BKK,HAN,SJC,SEA,YVR,CDG,MUC,DUS,
B787-8(169 seats variation). = NRT-MEX,BRU,DEL,BOM

6. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the preferred temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.

PHOTOS

Post 461 - Seat 3A on the B789 - August 2018 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072531-post461.html

5 photos below from Boeing 777-300ER (77W)
From 2 flights on the same trip - May 2017 - posted by 24left

Print Wikipost

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Akihabara
I fly this plane / flight often if you have any other questions..
What is your opinion of Seat 8C (the last row of the first cabin)? Is the proximity to the toilet very bothersome?

For me, the only choices left are 8C, or 10E/11D in the three-row mini-cabin.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by Akihabara
I would recommend 2E. I'd avoid those seats on the aisle like the plague - not private and easy to be bumped.
Also, close to economy can get noisy with babies etc so i try and stay clear of the 2nd cabin.
I am not sure i have ever noticed a real difference in the size of the seats.
I fly this plane / flight often if you have any other questions..
- What is your opinion of 11A? I dont think it would be too much of a problem in terms of baby noise because behind 11A is going to be the premium economy seats?

- Which one do you think is best for tall people (long bed length)

- Does anyone know what is the standard bed length of the 787-9 business class seat?

- Out of the open options below, which are your top 3? (and order)

Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:10 pm

Anyone have any luck getting 5D opened up early on the mini cabin of the 77w? Traveling with my wife and kid. Wanted to give my wife 5A to sleep but worried 6E & G might be too loud for the kiddo. Currently have those 3 seats booked but would prefer doing 5A - D - F.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Air Japan 787-10 business class seats

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/internat...l/b787_10.html

Business Class seats are in rows 1 to 10.
The seat layout from left to right for row 1 is A, aisle, H. These seats come with a table on the right. The seat layout from left to right for rows 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 is C, aisle, E, G, aisle, K. These seats come with a table on the left. The seat layout from left to right for rows 3, 5, 7, and 9 is A, aisle, D, F, aisle, H. These seats come with a table on the right. A movable partition is installed between seats 10E and 10G. Armrests are non-movable for all of these seats.

The seat description vaguely resembles that below of mainline ANA 787-8.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/internat...il/b787_8.html

Business Class seats are in rows 1 to 7.
The seat layout from left to right is A, C, aisle, D, G, aisle, H, K. All seats come with tables. Armrests are non-movable for all of these seats. Monitors are installed in front of rows 1 and 5.

I'd like to know whether Air Japan 787-10 business class seats are lie-flat. Can anyone with first-hand knowledge please share their experience? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Totoro

The seat layout from left to right for row 1 is A, aisle, H. These seats come with a table on the right. The seat layout from left to right for rows 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 is C, aisle, E, G, aisle, K. These seats come with a table on the left. The seat layout from left to right for rows 3, 5, 7, and 9 is A, aisle, D, F, aisle, H. These seats come with a table on the right. A movable partition is installed between seats 10E and 10G. Armrests are non-movable for all of these seats.

The seat layout from left to right is A, C, aisle, D, G, aisle, H, K. All seats come with tables. Armrests are non-movable for all of these seats. Monitors are installed in front of rows 1 and 5.

I'd like to know whether Air Japan 787-10 business class seats are lie-flat. Can anyone with first-hand knowledge please share their experience? Thanks in advance!

According to ANA’s website the 787-10 staggered business class seating are lie-flat.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/th/servicei...staggered.html
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Totoro

Air Japan does not have any 787-10, All Nippon Airways does. Air Japan is an All Nippon Airways subsidiary that flies planes on behalf of ANA at a lower cost structure. Air Japan does operate some of ANA's 787-9

All 797-10 have full flat J seats.
24left likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Sitting 17a on NRT - LAX via the 77W Last seat available thats on the left side of the plane in business.

right side is wide open, but it's all not "true" window seats - should i keep or switch?

Last edited by Rumples; Feb 7, 2020 at 9:05 am
Old May 11, 2021, 5:46 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
wrong forum.
dyrtydave likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 7:45 am

787-10 business class seats are newer and similar to the ones found on the A380.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Assuming I can choose it at OLCI, is 1A on both 789 configurations (215 and 246 seats) prone to light and/or noise pollution from the galley?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dkc192
Assuming I can choose it at OLCI, is 1A on both 789 configurations (215 and 246 seats) prone to light and/or noise pollution from the galley?
Not really, ANA has heavy curtains between the cabin and the galleys. Also will dampen the light in the galley during the night.

If you are planning to sleep through meal services, you might get some noise, but with the layout of the 787 galley, that would be more for 1H than 1A.
dkc192 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: NH Dia (MM), QF-Plt, S-La GC Dia, Marriot Plt
If you are really sensitive about noise, just be aware that on some craft the doors of the cabinet right in front of 1A can rattle quite a bit during turbulence.
That's about the only concern i've had in 1A - very very rarely hear noise from the galley.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I'm likely to book my family of 4 in J on a NRT-ORD roundtrip this summer. Currently the flight shows Staggered seats on the 212-seat 77W. I'm thinking of trying for 5D, 5F, 6E, and 6G. I understand row 5 has bassinets for babies. (We don't need a bassinet.) Is there a possibility that ANA will kick us out of row 5 if another family requests a bassinet?

EDITED TO ADD: Never mind. I pulled up the seat map on the ANA app, and it looks like seats D and H are blocked in all the bulkhead rows, even though ExpertFlyer shows them as open. I guess ANA blocks those seats for people who need the bassinet. So my plan to monopolize the center section of the mini cabin is foiled...

Last edited by Unimatrix One; Jan 18, 2022 at 4:01 pm
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by joejones
After some further digging, I think this may only be an issue on the 77W. You can see the D/E gap I am talking about in this photo:

Last time I flew in a D seat on the 77W I was treated to all the movies and laptop Excel spreadsheets being viewed by the guy in the E seat in front of me. Totally kills the privacy aspect.
I have a silly question about this gap issue. Would it be feasible to bring some clips or clothes pins and use them to fasten a blanket to the sides of the D and F seats (or E and G seats) to create a "curtain" blocking the view through the gap? Anyone see any problems with this? My seat mate in this row would be a family member, so I wouldn't have to worry about convincing them to let me fasten a clothes pin to their seat.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:55 pm

So I got the tickets for the ANA flights on the UA website with UA flight numbers (because UA still offers free changes while ANA does not). When I went to select seats, it let me choose 5D, 5F, 6E, and 6G. But 5D is a bassinet seat. So now I'm back to my original question: what is the chance that ANA will kick us out of 5D for someone who requests a bassinet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.