Search

DIA Benefit Course

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:16 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
DIA Benefit Course

AMC has announced the benefit courses for 2012 DIA members. I know there are a few of you out there (schoflyer? ANAStarFlyer? WINGOFLY?) -- what will you choose?

https://cam.ana.co.jp/enquetecampaig...ervlet?type=e1 (this link is probably only viewable by logged-in DIAs)
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
I don't requal until Dec 31. Really!
The link prompted me to login. Then said there was an error. I believe it is because I have not earned freedom of choice...yet
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:03 pm

I'm curious to know what they are vs JAL DIA.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:26 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by KIXman
I'm curious to know what they are vs JAL DIA.
Here's a brief summary:

Standard: 2 inflight sales coupons (5,000 yen each), 5 hotel/meal coupons (10,000 yen each), 7 ANA lounge certificates
Course A: 8 inflight sales coupons, 3 hotel/meal coupons
Course B: 7 hotel/meal coupons
Course C: 14 inflight sales coupons
Course D: 2 hotel/meal coupons, choice of gift(s) from members-only original catalog
Course E: 4 inflight sales coupons, choice of gift(s) from members-only original catalog

The lounge coupons can be used by anyone as long as they are flying on NH, a *A flight, or a NH partner flight with an NH codeshare number. The hotel coupons are good for payment at any ANA/IHG hotel in Japan for almost any rate (including the SFC/DIA rate if available). The inflight sales coupons are also good for use at ANA Festa or ANA Duty Free shops.

I personally don't have any use for the lounge or inflight sales coupons, so I'll either go with Course B or D. After looking at the catalog, there are some interesting gifts (Rimowa suitcases, Tumi bags, Zero Halliburton attache cases, an espresso maker, watches, etc.), so I'll have to figure out what makes the most sense for me.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:18 am

I focus on SPG and Hyatt.
Hotel nights were less appealing than the duty free ken.
I got the TAG Formula 1 for $200 out of pocket one year.
The next year there was nothing I wanted or wanted to give so I bought 2 Montblanc pens. The one I opened doesn't write well. The other I guess I'll give away sometime.
I'm sitting on 70,000 that expire in April, only to be immediately replaced.
Basically I need to go shopping on board.
Cheers!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Here's a brief summary:
<snip>
Thanks! It's published on JAL homepage but anyway for comparison, JAL has
First Class Course
- Domestic Route First Class Upgrade Coupon x 6
- First Class Lounge” / ”DIAMOND PREMIER Lounge Coupon” x 4
- JAL Coupon (¥5,000 per coupon) x 4

Partner (Spouse) Status Course
- DIA services to be given to partner (spouse)
- Domestic Route First Class Upgrade Coupon x 2

JAL Domestic Route Premium Course
- 100 sectors worth of Class J upgrade coupons

JAL International Route Premium Course
- 20 upgrade points

JAL Coupon Course
- JAL Coupon (¥5,000 per coupon) x 8
- Flower Gift Service x 1
- Lounge Coupon x 3
- Domestic Route First Class Upgrade Coupon x 2

Gift Selection Course
- Choose from 1 of A course or 2 from B Course from the goods shown at
http://www.jal-service-selection.jp/
such as bags, bicycles, accessories, kitchen goods etc.

I don't have any use for the first 5 courses so I'm thinking of picking something from the gift selection too.

As for ANA DIA, well I don't fly on NH metal enough to get there boo hoo
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:09 pm

That JL course looks awesome.
20 upgrade points!!!
That would be game over for me. Maybe I'll switch, not!
I need those upgrade points though.

-Scho
Old Dec 25, 2011, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schoflyer
That JL course looks awesome.
20 upgrade points!!!
That would be game over for me. Maybe I'll switch, not!
I need those upgrade points though.

-Scho
JAL is abolishing upgrade points next year

Now should I requalify for JAL Diamond or work on NH Diamond
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:26 am
LOI

Programs: NH DIA, Flying Blue Platinum, AA Plat
Do you think ANA will follow suit and abolish upgrade points? Up to a certain point, JAL and ANA have always done the same... Would be a major drawback, though.
Then again, reasons for JL seem to be the lower number of C seats once they get their full flat seats in '13. NH does not have that problem as they are almost done refitting with staggered C.
Any thoughts?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: NH DIA+SFC+1MM; Marriott Titanium; AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by LOI
Do you think ANA will follow suit and abolish upgrade points? Up to a certain point, JAL and ANA have always done the same... Would be a major drawback, though.
Then again, reasons for JL seem to be the lower number of C seats once they get their full flat seats in '13. NH does not have that problem as they are almost done refitting with staggered C.
Any thoughts?
Most of NH's elites are based in Japan, where upgradeable int'l tickets come at a v. high cost...especially if the person is paying out of his/her own pocket.

So if NH abolish upgrade points, I don't think it will affect the majority of their clientele. People may be upset that they can't upgrade on domestic flights, but who knows? They might implement a new system for domestic flights (like JL have done with Class J coupons?)

For those of us who live abroad where Y/E/B/M/U/H tickets are more affordable, it would be unfortunate to see upgrade points go...

Personally I'm prepared for the worst..JL and NH have a "me too" business strategy where they like to copy each other. . . .
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:14 am
LOI

Programs: NH DIA, Flying Blue Platinum, AA Plat
You are right- upgradable fares in Japan are so high its not really worth it. NH´s prices in Europe have gone up as well, though. Flying out of Italy, for example, a ticket in C on LX or OS is cheaper than an upgradable fare on NH...
Of course, service is no compare, but LX has flat beds too!

Another thing just came to my mind. Last week on NRT-MUC the FA told me, MUC was the last route to be upgraded to the new 77W. Once this is done, there will be no more Premium Economy on any of the longhauls. Is that final?

Premium Eco used to be a nice advantage available only to NH status card holders. Last summer I went with three kids and all 4 of us got upgraded to PE, both ways- very nice touch of NH!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by LOI
Another thing just came to my mind. Last week on NRT-MUC the FA told me, MUC was the last route to be upgraded to the new 77W. Once this is done, there will be no more Premium Economy on any of the longhauls. Is that final?
I wonder how ORD and IAD fit into this schedule, since those are the only other int'l long-haul routes which have not been mentioned as getting the new layout. I assume all craft will be converted by 4Q 2012, and they're clearly saving their "lesser" routes for the end of the cycle. But really, how long could it take to retrofit a 77W? A week, two tops? I'm a little disappointed it's taking so long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.