Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
HKG redemption

How often does ANA open up some reward seats on HKG-KIX/NRT/HND when it is getting close to the departure date? I am looking for a seat on the week of 16 Jan. Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by ny911
How often does ANA open up some reward seats on HKG-KIX/NRT/HND when it is getting close to the departure date? I am looking for a seat on the week of 16 Jan. Thanks.
Since there is no F, NH doesn't release additional seats for C and Y closer to departure, and it is only one week left, most award seats likely already taken.

Are you not flexible for routings with stops ? As there are plenty available in all F/C/Y from Jan 16-18 on TG, SQ, combination of TG and NH.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Since there is no F, NH doesn't release additional seats for C and Y closer to departure, and it is only one week left, most award seats likely already taken.

Are you not flexible for routings with stops ? As there are plenty available in all F/C/Y from Jan 16-18 on TG, SQ, combination of TG and NH.
I am fine with stopover,but I just don't want to spend one night at ICN (by TG). SQ via SIN? That's too much flying for me. I guess I might have to go via PEK instead....
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG

I think you are right which seems very odd. Im currently booked on a *A ticket in NH C HND-HKG. When I pull up the seat map online the business class cabin is huge (777) and extremely empty! Yet no additional award seats are available, I know there is still time for them to sell but i doubt they can fill so many seats so it surprises me they dont open more award space.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
I ,even as a NH PLT who can access some expanded availabilities on NH(not so great compare to NH DIA though),can't find any availabilities for HKG-NRT/HND/KIX from Jan13-21 for both Y and C.
It's odd that I can see some wide availabilities for the opposite route,NRT/HND/KIX-HKG from Jan 13-21 even for C.

As for outbound you are looking for, I (again as a NH PLT) am not even allowed to request to put me on the waitlist. In general, it is not a good sign.
I guess NH intensionally is blocking for the award of that direction/periods for some reason.

I may understand if NH is blocking the opposite route such as NRT-HKG because of Chinese new year as I understand it correctly, many Chinese want to go back to China for that period.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
I ,even as a NH PLT who can access some expanded availabilities on NH(not so great compare to NH DIA though),can't find any availabilities for HKG-NRT/HND/KIX from Jan13-21 for both Y and C.
It's odd that I can see some wide availabilities for the opposite route,NRT/HND/KIX-HKG from Jan 13-21 even for C.

As for outbound you are looking for, I (again as a NH PLT) am not even allowed to request to put me on the waitlist. In general, it is not a good sign.
I guess NH intensionally is blocking for the award of that direction/periods for some reason.

I may understand if NH is blocking the opposite route such as NRT-HKG because of Chinese new year as I understand it correctly, many Chinese want to go back to China for that period.
I could find an I on 14th HKG-NRT (bookable via BD) and I on 15th HKG-HND (shown on ANA tool, but not bookable via BD). There is also plenty of availability on PEK-HND/NRT as well....
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by ny911
I could find an I on 14th HKG-NRT (bookable via BD) and I on 15th HKG-HND (shown on ANA tool, but not bookable via BD). There is also plenty of availability on PEK-HND/NRT as well....
Yup,I can see now them on ANA.com.
I guess ANA just updated their inventory at 3AM Tokyo time? or I was just wrong.

NH910 on Jan14th and NH1172 on Jan15th are available on ANA.com but both are C.
Still I can't find any Y for that routes/period on ANA.com.
I only checked non-stop on NH though.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
Yup,I can see now them on ANA.com.
I guess ANA just updated their inventory at 3AM Tokyo time? or I was just wrong.

NH910 on Jan14th and NH1172 on Jan15th are available on ANA.com but both are C.
Still I can't find any Y for that routes/period on ANA.com.
I only checked non-stop on NH though.
I saw those availabilities at 10pm Tokyo time on 8 Jan. Now 10ish am Tokyo time, those seats were gone, but there is one I on NH910...sigh....not a perfect one, but hope I could still take that when ICC opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.