Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage club vs Eurobonus gold

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Mileage club vs Eurobonus gold

I am moving to Japan and will have NH as my main carrier, on a fair amount of I/C travel. I am wondering if I should change to ANA Mileage Club for my *Gold card rather than Eurobonus. Diamond services, sure there are advantages, but below that will I get that many benefits vs. the EB gold? For Diamond, I do not see the big differnce between the Suite lounge and the business lounnge anyway. Of course the suite check-in at Narita is v. nice, but that is still only for Diamond. (or First...)

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
I like the ability to use the Arrivals lounge @ NRT and NH lounges on arrival as opposed to being EB Gold, which would only allow their use on departure.

As a Diamond on NH, you'll have at least 40 upgrade points which can come in handy, as a Platinum you'll have between 20 and 40, in addition to getting upgraded to PY instead of Y on eligible routes.

Although I've only seen an op-up once, if you have NH status, you're much more likely going to get that op-up as opposed to being EB gold.

NH Suite lounge/check in is only for F and Diamond.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Arrival lounges are a very valid point, I had not thought about that.

What áre the upgrade points?

Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:56 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Arrival lounges are a very valid point, I had not thought about that.

What áre the upgrade points?
Points you can apply for upgrades on NH flights, with similar conditions as miles. For example, a one-way upgrade from C to F to the US would be 14 points.

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/sg/e/asw_common/amc/reference/elite/upgrade.html
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Points you can apply for upgrades on NH flights, with similar conditions as miles. For example, a one-way upgrade from C to F to the US would be 14 points.

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/sg/e/asw_co...e/upgrade.html
Thanks, I had overlooked that part when looking at AMC.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:11 am

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
As per upgrade point, it is NOT very useful for passenger living in Japan.
If your point of dept is Japan, booking class eligible for upgrade Eco-> Biz is "Y/B/E" only
and most of the time airfare is somewhat ridiculous.
That's why lots of Jp people complained about this. Consequently, they're forced to use
their points for domestic flight upgrade (Premius class).

While your itinerary starts outside of Japan, eligible booking class is more reasobale ; Y/E/B/M/U/H-class.

Hope this comment wouldnt discourage your thoughts onto NH.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kazuwox
As per upgrade point, it is NOT very useful for passenger living in Japan.
If your point of dept is Japan, booking class eligible for upgrade Eco-> Biz is "Y/B/E" only
and most of the time airfare is somewhat ridiculous.
That's why lots of Jp people complained about this. Consequently, they're forced to use
their points for domestic flight upgrade (Premius class).

While your itinerary starts outside of Japan, eligible booking class is more reasobale ; Y/E/B/M/U/H-class.

Hope this comment wouldnt discourage your thoughts onto NH.
The comment will not change the flying part, but will be added to the consideration of where to put the miles part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.