Wiki Posts
Search

Got bit twice for FC charges AMEX/ANA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Got bit twice for FC charges AMEX/ANA

Bought an ANA domestic ticket using the English website. Oddly, the I thought I made the payment, but then when I hit the Select seats button the whole screen reverted to the homepage.

I made the mistake of thinking the payment I not been processed, and the next day bought the same ticket after the agent said I had no reservation listed.

However AMEX did show payment a day later, for BOTH tickets. ANA was good about refunding one of them, but I got tagged for $3.40x2 for the FC charge AND refund. Seems unfair, but not worth the time to argue.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
AMEX routinely refund these FC charges when called, at least for Canadian card holders.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:12 pm

what is an FC charge?

I suspect AMEX will remove this for you, as beep88 said.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by will2288
what is an FC charge?
I suspect AMEX will remove this for you, as beep88 said.
I was thinking Foreign Currency, but I guess FX is the correct abbreviation.
I see today that AMEX amended my statement and refunded the FX fee, without me asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.