Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Boeing 767-300 regional Business Class seats photo report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Boeing 767-300 regional Business Class seats photo report

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2010, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by tonywestsider
Nope, NH's seating charts show PE for their 767s from rows 15-19 as opposed rows 22 to 45Y. The seat pitch certainly was not 31" I have the actual NH timetable and seating charts for those flights. Those seats also came with slippers for customers, which I was told by others on this forum that the slippers are for PE customers-and and also available C/J and F classes.
I still have no idea what you are talking about and so does others.

Version 1

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../b767_300er_1/

Version 2

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../b767_300er_2/

Version 1 is the one with old interior with no PTV in Y.
Version 2 is the one with new interior (777 style), with clubANA Asia and PTV in Y. So what is your version ?
I have been flying NH for 10 years, there is no other version except the domestic ones.

No matter what it showed, and it doesn't show any premium economy at the chart at all (from NH's own website, and from NH's printed timetable, I had NH's printed timetable date back to 10 years ago as well), I always have seated row 15-19 whenever I am on the 763. Basically on that plane, other than bulkhead row 15 or exit row 22, any other Y seats are simply unbearable to me, as not only tight legroom, the seats are narrow as well, half an inch more narrow than UA's 763.

Moreover, even if there is premium economy seats on the plane if it is 77W or 744 or those 2 class intl 777 flying regional routes, premium economy never sold as premium economy, it is for long haul only.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 24, 2010 at 10:42 pm
Old May 25, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I still have no idea what you are talking about and so does others.

Version 1

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../b767_300er_1/

Version 2

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../b767_300er_2/

Version 1 is the one with old interior with no PTV in Y.
Version 2 is the one with new interior (777 style), with clubANA Asia and PTV in Y. So what is your version ?
I have been flying NH for 10 years, there is no other version except the domestic ones.

No matter what it showed, and it doesn't show any premium economy at the chart at all (from NH's own website, and from NH's printed timetable, I had NH's printed timetable date back to 10 years ago as well), I always have seated row 15-19 whenever I am on the 763. Basically on that plane, other than bulkhead row 15 or exit row 22, any other Y seats are simply unbearable to me, as not only tight legroom, the seats are narrow as well, half an inch more narrow than UA's 763.

Moreover, even if there is premium economy seats on the plane if it is 77W or 744 or those 2 class intl 777 flying regional routes, premium economy never sold as premium economy, it is for long haul only.
Sir, it's Version 2. If you really squint at that seating chart, you will notice that rows 15 to 19 have more legroom than rows 22 to 45 on the 767-300 Version 2. I was seated in 17G in one direction, 16G on the other. Yes, it was a 777 styled cabin. NH was probably one of the last carriers to have these planes delivered in 2005. As far as the labels are concerned in the different cabin classes of the seating chart, it's all Y from rows 15 to 45. However, if you really look graphically at the seating chart, there are differences in space between seats in plan view. I felt fine seated in one of the seats between rows 15 to 19. Apparently, you did not feel the same way. As far as NH service went at rows 15 to 19, there were subtle differences such as the slippers for example, that seem to differentiate as I am told by others in this forum that part of the cabin from the rest of Y. Does a pax in row 45 receive amenities such as slippers as does a pax in row 15? Is that an NH form of PE but labeled Y? Or, as others mentioned on this thread, is it E Plus aka UA?
Old May 25, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Row 15-19 on SIN-NRT is just economy. No slippers, and none of the premium cabin humidifying mask, too. I've been on that route quite a few times and tried that mini cabin once. It was enough for me, for I felt it was a little warmer than the back cabin. Didn't really notice much of a difference in service too.

That said, maybe it was different then. I only started flying on it around 08.

I'd rather sit further back and hope for a empty next to me. That mini cabin usually fills up to the brim.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:09 pm

Service in 2007 may have been different compared to now. You didn't get the slippers for example, in 08. I did in 07. I was fortunate when I flew in the "mini-cabin" that it was not fully booked. Also, back to an earlier debate, the 767-300 Version 1 seems to have all the same seating, legroom wise from row 15 all the way to the rear of the cabin.
Old May 26, 2010, 2:54 am

I've done a review of BKK-NRT on ANA in Business Class as part of a bigger trip report that I did in October 2009. Very enjoyable.

Link in signature.
Old May 26, 2010, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

However, if you really look graphically at the seating chart, there are differences in space between seats in plan view.
It may look different in the chart, but in reality, it is just the same legroom as in the back. And expecially if those rows have more legroom than others, NH would have blocked for elite seating, whereas NH only block bulkhead and exit for elites on the 763, as only those two rows on the 763 have more legroom.

As far as NH service went at rows 15 to 19, there were subtle differences such as the slippers for example, that seem to differentiate as I am told by others in this forum that part of the cabin from the rest of Y. Does a pax in row 45 receive amenities such as slippers as does a pax in row 15? Is that an NH form of PE but labeled Y? Or, as others mentioned on this thread, is it E Plus aka UA?
You had only flown that segment once, perhaps the cleaners mistakenly put the slippers on those seats ? I don't know who told you that in this forum, but I can certainly say no one agree with what you are saying. NH had never reconfig the 763, they are all delivered as it is.

I am not aware NH during that time frame put slippers just for NRT-SIN, as even longer sector flown by 763 NRT-HNL never have slippers for those rows.

As far as NH's 763, they are all recycled to different routes, those 763 that fly to china will also fly NRT-SIN/BKK, as regional 763 with NH all belong with Air Japan (NQ). Therefore on any given week, it would have all 7 different 763 on that single route. (I know this because there is a site to track the registration number had been flown on what day and what route)

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 26, 2010 at 9:12 am
Old May 26, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Which site is that? I know there is one for US domestic flights but haven't seen a decent one for international flights.
Old May 27, 2010, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joejones
Which site is that? I know there is one for US domestic flights but haven't seen a decent one for international flights.
PM sent.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:34 pm

It may look different in the chart, but in reality, it is just the same legroom as in the back. And expecially if those rows have more legroom than others, NH would have blocked for elite seating, whereas NH only block bulkhead and exit for elites on the 763, as only those two rows on the 763 have more legroom.

You had only flown that segment once, perhaps the cleaners mistakenly put the slippers on those seats ? I don't know who told you that in this forum, but I can certainly say no one agree with what you are saying. NH had never reconfig the 763, they are all delivered as it is.

I am not aware NH during that time frame put slippers just for NRT-SIN, as even longer sector flown by 763 NRT-HNL never have slippers for those rows.

As far as NH's 763, they are all recycled to different routes, those 763 that fly to china will also fly NRT-SIN/BKK, as regional 763 with NH all belong with Air Japan (NQ). Therefore on any given week, it would have all 7 different 763 on that single route. (I know this because there is a site to track the registration number had been flown on what day and what route)
1. I see what you are saying based on another 763 Version 2 flight I had a few days ago. I did see the legroom on the exit row/bulkhead rows that have more legroom than others.

2. No, I flew that segment twice with those amenities. I'll try to pull up a link to another thread in this forum that discusses NH amenities in general.

3. What NH did regarding amenities in 2007 may not be available now, regardless of a/c. Don't get me started on this one.

Last edited by tonywestsider; Jun 2, 2010 at 1:58 pm
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Even now vs 08, there are subtle differences. For example, catering. Food is now a little bit more skimped on. Edamame is gone. Breakfast is usually tasteless.

Other than that, thankfully NQ doesn't seem all too different from mainline on NRT-SIN. I'm looking forward to the 763's replacement, but hopefully everything stays the same way. It's weird doing NQ for half the flights to a certain dest, but to essentially identical service levels.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2. No, I flew that segment twice with those amenities. I'll try to pull up a link to another thread in this forum that discusses NH amenities in general.
Good luck in finding it, don't think there is any discussion about premium economy on NH's 763.

As for NH amenities in general, they had listed in their own website, even with photos.

3. What NH did regarding amenities in 2007 may not be available now, regardless of a/c. Don't get me started on this one.
NH did very little changes regarding to amenities, and I know exactly what is being offered in all 3 classes. I may not have status with NH, but I flew NH several times a year for the past 10 years in all classes. The only changes is C meal for China, Taiwan routes, the concept from the lady created "home style cooking". I read the monthly Japanese "Airline" magazine, anything new or special regarding NH and JL would be reported first hand.

Not to mention even their Y meals for NRT-HKG-NRT didn't change for the past 5 years except the desert, and cutting Sprite for Y beverage. And that same meal they served for NRT-HKG-NRT served on other regional routes as well from trip reports people post about.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jun 3, 2010 at 7:57 pm
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by payam81
Nice product as far as regional goes, specially that loner middle seat.
Thanks, but no thanks.

Imho (perception!!) there is something wrong with that loner middle seat, I absolutely avoid being seated in it: to me, it feels "without cover from any angle".

Not just during boarding, when you get passing Y-pax moving along at both sides.

Also during meal service, and even when you are just trying to take a nap.

There's something about that centre seat that freaks me out!!

I'ld go for a B-seat anytime I could.

Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Originally Posted by maeharasmuse
Thanks, but no thanks.

Imho (perception!!) there is something wrong with that loner middle seat, I absolutely avoid being seated in it: to me, it feels "without cover from any angle".

Not just during boarding, when you get passing Y-pax moving along at both sides.

Also during meal service, and even when you are just trying to take a nap.

There's something about that centre seat that freaks me out!!

I'ld go for a B-seat anytime I could.

I have 4 legs on ANA next month, all A seats since I like the window. But I just switched my redeye from SIN to NRT to the D seat. Maybe i get served twice.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:02 pm

Good luck in finding it, don't think there is any discussion about premium economy on NH's 763.

As for NH amenities in general, they had listed in their own website, even with photos.

NH did very little changes regarding to amenities, and I know exactly what is being offered in all 3 classes. I may not have status with NH, but I flew NH several times a year for the past 10 years in all classes. The only changes is C meal for China, Taiwan routes, the concept from the lady created "home style cooking". I read the monthly Japanese "Airline" magazine, anything new or special regarding NH and JL would be reported first hand.

Not to mention even their Y meals for NRT-HKG-NRT didn't change for the past 5 years except the desert, and cutting Sprite for Y beverage. And that same meal they served for NRT-HKG-NRT served on other regional routes as well from trip reports people post about.
1. You might be right. There doesn't seem to be a discussion of NH 763s and premium economy. But you've quoted me saying that there was a thread that discusses amenities in general and I wished me luck finding it. In fact, here it is:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-n...erience-2.html

And if you look on Post #30, you've quoted and responded to me regarding slippers back in 2008. What luck!

2. I would still agree with some of the other posts here that there are subtle differences between what NH offered 3 years ago compared to now, perhaps in the meal/snack category. One example, ice cream was served as a snack on some flights in Y, three years ago. Today, the ice cream has been replaced by "ANA My Choice" for purchase.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
does anyone know if NH is planning to update the business class seats on the 763?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.