How's the DXB-Italy Service in J?

Old Mar 17, 2008, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

How's the DXB-Italy Service in J?

I will be taking a flight from Dubai to Milan (one of the last flights to MXP before they switch to FCO), and was wondering how's the service like? My flight is operated by a 767, so does it get service similar to other Intercontinental flights? Any amenity kits? My flight departs at 8:45am and arrives around noon, so I'm thinking it's a breakfast flight?

Thanks for your input.
Angeleno228
Old Mar 17, 2008, 2:24 pm

All I can say is make sure you check in early (6am). My husband and I checked in at 6:30 and ended up getting bumped off. We ended up on Turkish airways in what they called J (Delta coach is better) and having a 2 hour layover in Istanbul.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi Guys,

Thought I would provide an update on the DXB-MXP flight I flew this past week since I had started this thread. All in all, it wasn't a bad flight, but unfortunately I got the old Magnifica seats. They were pretty comfortable to sleep in, so I didn't mind... The only thing was this flight did not have any PTVs, which was kind of odd. They just had the screens and the central projector. Flight was 6h45min (scheduled 8:50am to 12:45pm) from take-off to touch down, and since this was a "lunch" flight, the main meal service was done prior to arrival and not after take off. Of course, they served a light snack (sandwiches, etc...) and drinks after take off. Anyway, pictures are worth a thousand words, so here's a few of them:

- The Menu
- The Amenity Kit Bag
- The contents of the Amenity Kit
- View from Seat 2D (middle single seat)
- Pre Departure Drink (probably some cheapo Santal, but good!)
- Snack Service after take off (they offered more, I declined)
- Pasta starter preceded by a drink and nuts service
- One of the attentive FAs (is that possible at Alitalia?)
- Main Dish
- Cheese and Fruit
- Dessert

Regards,
Angeleno228
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:29 pm

Thanks for the pics!! Glad the flight was pretty good.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:28 am

I will be flying to Rome soon. It is a 764 that is used for this flight. Will it have the lie flat seats?

Best,

CalFlyer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.