FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   All you need to know about Alitalia 767 / 763 Seat Plans and Magnifica Seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/632101-all-you-need-know-about-alitalia-767-763-seat-plans-magnifica-seats.html)

onlysuites May 9, 2008 7:11 am

I am trying to find some links for the new Biz seats on the 764. The links on the first page take me to the home page for that website and it's all in Italian which I would love to read but don't know how. There are no photo's on A.net. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Fims Jul 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Anyone knows if they plan and when they plan to upgrade their 777 business seats? I plan a trip to EZE with AZ in January and would be interested in betterr sleep as these are nightflights

yminev Jan 1, 2009 5:39 am

Watch out for 15A and 15L on AZ 767's

Just wanted to post a quick msg to everyone - on Dec 19 I flew on AZ609 from JFK to FCO and was seated in 15L. As it turned out, 15A and 15L were window seats without windows. These are not reflected in SeatGuru. I am not sure which Boeing 767 I was on, however, it was pretty old and I hope it ends being one of the aircrafts they are getting rid of.

italian7 Jan 11, 2009 10:22 am

3 more 767 have left the fleet.

EI-CRO, I-DEIF, I-DEIL.

So it means that chances of having a reconfigured 767 are 6/7.

italian7 Jan 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Update:

NOW ALL 767 ARE RECONFIGURED.

no they did not reconfigure the seventh plane, they sent it away.

So now only 6 767 left!

MikeyZBT Jan 28, 2009 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by italian7 (Post 11094860)
Update:

NOW ALL 767 ARE RECONFIGURED.

So, does this mean:

1. If you are on ANY Alitalia 767, you will have updated, new "lie-flat" seats?

and

2. The Alitalia 767s now have better Business class seats than the 777s?

italian7 Jan 31, 2009 10:51 am

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT (Post 11159712)
So, does this mean:

1. If you are on ANY Alitalia 767, you will have updated, new "lie-flat" seats?

and

2. The Alitalia 767s now have better Business class seats than the 777s?

1. Yes

2. Depends, it personal, I have never tried the 777 biz so i can't comment on that, for sure the 777's have better inflight entertainment, as it is built in rather than the player they give you on the 767's.

MikeyZBT Feb 3, 2009 12:23 am

Originally Posted by italian7 (Post 11176464)
1. Yes

2. Depends, it personal, I have never tried the 777 biz so i can't comment on that, for sure the 777's have better inflight entertainment, as it is built in rather than the player they give you on the 767's.

Good point about the entertainment. I'll be taking the flight overnight, so comfort is more important to me.

I have taken the 777 from FCO-EWR about 3 or 4 years ago and the seats were great as I recall, but the new lie flats should be great for an overnight, "need-to-sleep" flight.

onlysuites Feb 3, 2009 12:33 am

I took the MXP-JFK flight a few months back on the 767. The seats are very comfortable and I feel they are somehow better then almost lye flats on most other airlines. I actually got to sleep a few hours whereas I can never sleep on the almost lye flats on TG, SQ and so on.

Negatives -

Hated the portable DVD players. Why they can't install them in the seats is beyond me!

No choice on IFE other then 3-4 movies.

Food was really bad and I have never come across a airline serving coke from a 1 liter bottle that also in business.

Would hate to be stuck in the middle seat. Way too open for me. Although I hear some people like that.

italian7 Feb 3, 2009 9:46 am

Originally Posted by lallyr (Post 11191573)
I took the MXP-JFK flight a few months back on the 767. The seats are very comfortable and I feel they are somehow better then almost lye flats on most other airlines. I actually got to sleep a few hours whereas I can never sleep on the almost lye flats on TG, SQ and so on.

Negatives -

Hated the portable DVD players. Why they can't install them in the seats is beyond me!

No choice on IFE other then 3-4 movies.

Food was really bad and I have never come across a airline serving coke from a 1 liter bottle that also in business.

Would hate to be stuck in the middle seat. Way too open for me. Although I hear some people like that.

Unfortunately, as much as I hate it it was done as a cost saving measure.

Another couple things.

5 767 have eVU players, which should have more movies and tv shows.
1 767 EI-CRM has (certainly had, don't think they changed them) DigEplayers which have less movies.

AirOne's A330's now fly some AZ routes after the merger, mostly ORD and BOS but occasionally JFK and EWR from FCO.

They have the same TYPE of lie-flat seats, but they have a newer model, which should be slightly better (still made by Avio Interior) and thse two have portable players and no FIXED IFE system.

http://www.xtremeshack.com/immagine/i6462_apbusclas.JPG
thanks to staralliance on aviazionecivile.it's forum

tff Feb 25, 2009 1:04 pm

BTW, do Air One's A332s have PTVs in Y? Thanks!

italian7 Feb 25, 2009 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by tff (Post 11320987)
BTW, do Air One's A332s have PTVs in Y? Thanks!

No unfortunately.

tff Mar 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by italian7 (Post 11321926)
No unfortunately.

Thanks, italian7!

MikeyZBT Apr 1, 2009 10:32 am

Hello-

My wife and I have been the unfortunate recipients of a "phantom schedule change" and therefore we lost our previously-assigned seats.

Now we have 4C (aisle) and 4D (the center, alone seat). So, we aren't sitting next to each other.

1. What are the odds of getting someone to switch and allow us to sit together?

2. How hard is it to sleep in the center, alone seat??

Thanks!!

italian7 Apr 27, 2009 10:12 am

Good news.

Now 777 and 764 are equipped with Noise Cancelling Headphones in Magnifica...

This is due to my latest complaint letter...

So if you guys have any complaints I suggest filling out their online form... They actually listen and call back (after about a month...). Of course they do what they can (if you tell them the seats sucks I doubt they will change it in a month... if you tell them its broken they will fix it.. :D)