Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

2x Awards Tickets in J: FCO / JFK Oct 20 - ANY IDEAS FOR OPTIONS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, VA, HH, AXMR, MR, IHG,

I'm holding 2 award tickets in J for travel 20, OCT FCO>JFK. Used 100k Amex MR points for 48k points per ticket 96k total MM miles.
I've been calling Alitalia to several months, 2 to 3 attempts per week, no answer, constant hold music with annoying messages every 15 seconds.
This week I started calling at 9AM EST (US) every day and holding as long as 3 hours Tuesday and almost 4 yesterday.

If I can even get through to them I'm not even sure what I can or should do. One thought would be to get Alitalia to return the 96k MM miles to my account then try to book something on a partner airline just to get a ticket in hand & deal with changing it later.
Even if the miles were higher on a partner even 1 ticket on an operating carrier would be better than a total loss of those 100 Amex points.

Any suggestions? I know I'm not the only one going through this so, hopefully waiting for any great ideas. thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: AZ MilleMiglia, AF/KLM Flying Blue, A3 Miles & Bonus
The call center is shut down, as of October 1. You can only reach them by email [email protected]
A refund of the miles can take up to 8 weeks though, so there isn’t enough time to change plans now. The only way would be if you’re lucky getting an agent over email who can fast track a refund, but it sounds like you had the flights booked for a long time already so the ticket is likely not eligible for a fast refund. Your only other option if you speak Italian is to call the Italian call center, which is still open.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Originally Posted by fmirenzi
... Your only other option if you speak Italian is to call the Italian call center, which is still open.
Are you talking about the +39065640 one? I was wondering if the busy signal was a sign of shutdown or a prompt to keep trying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.