Wiki Posts
Search

What if you can't wait for the luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2020, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What if you can't wait for the luggage?

I might have to travel on a legal, yet short connection at FCO. It's 1h20m.

I am worried that the luggage might not arrive with me (it's happened before) and I might not be able to wait at LHR to report it.

Can one just leave and report it over the phone?
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:13 pm

I guess you forgot what you had to do last time your luggage arrived "late". Well, you have to fill in a lengthy form which, a procedure that includes a "photographic line-up" of several types of bags, plus scanning of your tag. I'm sure that they'll tell you no if you ask them, so the question is not whether, but rather, how you can report it and, most importantly, how you'll retrieve it the next day, especially since you will not have any written confirmation of your bag being... your own bag! It's definitely looking for trouble...
irishguy28 and Often1 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Never mind....
Old Jan 8, 2021, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
I guess you forgot what you had to do last time your luggage arrived "late". Well, you have to fill in a lengthy form which, a procedure that includes a "photographic line-up" of several types of bags, plus scanning of your tag. I'm sure that they'll tell you no if you ask them, so the question is not whether, but rather, how you can report it and, most importantly, how you'll retrieve it the next day, especially since you will not have any written confirmation of your bag being... your own bag! It's definitely looking for trouble...
There is no compelling reason why it can't be done over the phone, the "photographic line-up" card is available online and what proof would one have at the airport that can't be crossed check over the phone? (namely the luggage tag ID/PNR/Name)
That being said how would one even know the bag is "delayed" and didn't arrive in LHR without waiting and reporting it, I doubt there will be a long queue to report it so that would be extra 10 minutes on top of probably 30-45 minutes of waiting for all luggage to come out and verify the bag isn't there?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This was not needed in the end. Flights were on time, even ahead of schedule, and half empty.
tmac100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.