Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Alitalia - Italia Trasporto Aereo S.p.A.

Old Oct 13, 20, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Gold, QR Gold

Many are reporting that Newco is now officially Italia Trasporto Aereo S.p.A. and that the airline will take off in early 2021. RAI and Corriere della Sera mention that the new name is Alitalia - Italia Trasporto Aereo S.p.A. (Alitalia ITA) and even compares is to Alitalia LAI, Alitalia CAI and Alitalia SAI. Corriere does mentions that the legal name of ITA S.p.A.does not have the name 'Alitalia' on it, like the other S.p.A. did. Quite a lot of people are claiming that ITA is the new brand name and Alitalia is going defunct, but can't seem to find any reputable source that mentions this.

Another curious point is that Lazzerini said "The world of airlines is a world of alliances... It is difficult to remain alone". Wonder if they will stay in SkyTeam? What can SkyTeam do to try and keep AZ as a member airline?

The operative focus will be on North America and Japan. South America is to be kept on standby, we have to think about Asia and China while Japan is doing very well. The new company would start with around 90 aircraft and 6,500 employees.

Corriere della Sera an a previous post that the new Alitalia would have a fleet of A320s and 787s for the mainline, and A220s for CityLiner.
Old Oct 14, 20, 1:24 am

(no clown emoticon available here)
TPJ, KLouis and AZ112 like this.
Old Dec 26, 20, 5:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

Robert Boyle published his assessment of the latest rescue plan

Some details of the latest Alitalia rescue plan have emerged
Italia Transporto Aereo (ITA), the state owned company which has been set up to relaunch Alitalia, recently shared some details of its new business plan with journalists in Italy.

Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera asked me to take a look at the plan and tell them my views on it. If your Italian is up to it, you can read the article that they just published on this link.

For the more linguistically challenged, here is what I told them

The article continues in more detail before Boyle ultimately reaches his conclusion.
https://www.gridpoint.consulting/blo...n-for-alitalia
Old Jan 27, 21, 3:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Gold
Hi

i just read an article based on italian sources (espresso) about the conditions that italy needs if they want the help/loan from government to be validated by EU

https://simpleflying.com/could-italy...litalia-brand/

https://espresso.repubblica.it/plus/...www.google.fr/

basically they want a new company to be created which means , according to these sources , no simple transfer to a new entity , so AZ should give up or sell almost everything (or quite a lot) and then start as a brand new fresh airline

Of course i know this is politics , these are just statements and for the moment no real action , but if this occur as EU commission wants , it will probably means a headache for millemiglia members and ST loosing another member
Old Jan 27, 21, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Gold, QR Gold
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
Hi

i just read an article based on italian sources (espresso) about the conditions that italy needs if they want the help/loan from government to be validated by EU

https://simpleflying.com/could-italy...litalia-brand/

https://espresso.repubblica.it/plus/...www.google.fr/

basically they want a new company to be created which means , according to these sources , no simple transfer to a new entity , so AZ should give up or sell almost everything (or quite a lot) and then start as a brand new fresh airline

Of course i know this is politics , these are just statements and for the moment no real action , but if this occur as EU commission wants , it will probably means a headache for millemiglia members and ST loosing another member
Judging by the previous moves from ITA/NewCo, their plan was to purchase several assets from AZ including the brand and MilleMiglia for 220m. Reading the EU's letter it sounds like they want Italy to explain how they got the 220m valuation, and what is the plan B if they don't have the Alitalia brand. Worth noting that the letter says "ITA should not..." rather than a straight up "do not do this". Also near the end they ask Italy to explain if they think any recommendations the EU did will negatively impact ITA, so they can play the "Alitalia's strong brand recognition" card. Perhaps mentioning how Air Italy lacked brand recognition, which was a factor that help kill the airline eventually.
splflyer likes this.
Old Jan 27, 21, 6:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Gold
ok so we have to wait for the end of talks between all parties to see where this is going

Search this Thread
Search Engine: