FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   Reopening of Casa Alitalia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/2023130-reopening-casa-alitalia.html)

Rlbh99 Aug 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Reopening of Casa Alitalia

Does anyone have any news/clue regarding when one or more of Alitalia’s lounges at FCO may reopen? If they are remaining shut, are AZ giving out vouchers for all eligible pax?

fasteddie1971 Aug 14, 2020 3:21 am

I'd be curious to know when the lounge at LIN will re-open too.

In a similar vein, I flew LHR-LIN last night from Terminal 2. When checking my bag I asked whether there were any plans for a (temporary) SkyTeam lounge in T2 [given that it seems T4 will remain closed into 2021]. I was told "maybe from next month". For the record, I noticed that the LH and EI lounges were operating. The Premium Plaza lounge was shut, however.

Let's hope that there's an uptick in traffic in September which will justify (in the minds of AZ management) the reopening of lounges. As things stand, what with no lounges, no priority boarding [strictly row number order, at LHR at least] and no in-flight service, the little remaining enjoyment in the frequent flyer, full-fare airline experience versus a budget airline has been squeezed out! (Totally understandably, of course - I am still in the mindset of feeling grateful I could travel at all. But hopefully this phase won't last too long).

KL714 Aug 19, 2020 5:04 am

Selfishly hoping for an opening in September as I have a 2h45 layover in LIN next month, but not holding my breath as I don't think capacity will be up next month compared to August

AZ112 Aug 27, 2020 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by fasteddie1971 (Post 32603402)
I'd be curious to know when the lounge at LIN will re-open too.

In a similar vein, I flew LHR-LIN last night from Terminal 2. When checking my bag I asked whether there were any plans for a (temporary) SkyTeam lounge in T2 [given that it seems T4 will remain closed into 2021]. I was told "maybe from next month". For the record, I noticed that the LH and EI lounges were operating. The Premium Plaza lounge was shut, however.

Let's hope that there's an uptick in traffic in September which will justify (in the minds of AZ management) the reopening of lounges. As things stand, what with no lounges, no priority boarding [strictly row number order, at LHR at least] and no in-flight service, the little remaining enjoyment in the frequent flyer, full-fare airline experience versus a budget airline has been squeezed out! (Totally understandably, of course - I am still in the mindset of feeling grateful I could travel at all. But hopefully this phase won't last too long).

Hi!
As I can see here: https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...row-t5-lounge/, it seems like plaza lounge T2 has now reopened and "is currently being used by eligible Deltaand Virgin Atlantic customers"does anyone knows if alitalia's pax with status (i'm platinum flyingblue) can access in it? I've a flight the second week of september.

MSPeconomist Aug 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by AZ112 (Post 32634198)
Hi!
As I can see here: https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...row-t5-lounge/, it seems like plaza lounge T2 has now reopened and "is currently being used by eligible Deltaand Virgin Atlantic customers"does anyone knows if alitalia's pax with status (i'm platinum flyingblue) can access in it? I've a flight the second week of september.

Long before COVID-19, DL stopped giving contract lounge access to its own elites (including DM at 125,000 status miles and $15,000 spend per year, which is much more than what is required for SkyTeam ElitePlus), so I strongly suspect the answer is NO unless you're traveling in D1 (not even including the PS cabin, if applicable for the route, based on what DL started doing in HND after the introductory period).

AZ112 Aug 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32634217)
Long before COVID-19, DL stopped giving contract lounge access to its own elites (including DM at 125,000 status miles and $15,000 spend per year, which is much more than what is required for SkyTeam ElitePlus), so I strongly suspect the answer is NO unless you're traveling in D1 (not even including the PS cabin, if applicable for the route, based on what DL started doing in HND after the introductory period).

sorry, maybe i've explained my self wrong. I've not a Delta flight.
I've a LHR-LIN operated by AZ, and I was wondering if there will be a contract between Plaza Lounge and Alitalia, (and maybe with all the skyteam airlines departing from T2), as I had posted it seems like that delta has one

fasteddie1971 Aug 29, 2020 4:07 pm

A couple more links, both seemingly featuring the same wording from (presumably) the same press release:
Plaza Premium Lounges reopen in Heathrow?s T2 and T5 with enhanced hygienic protocol | Airport Business
https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/t...ok-and-lusaka/
"The lounges are now open to the company’s latest airline partners, including Etihad, Finnair, Virgin Atlantic, Vistara and SkyTeam Alliance members" [my bold emphasis].

Unfortunately the official Plaza Premium site doesn't carry the press release, or seemingly contain details of its airline partners. But it seems there are grounds for optimism.

I shall be flying out of LHR in early October, so I look forward to hearing about AZ112's experiences the week after next!

skye1 Aug 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by fasteddie1971 (Post 32638925)
A couple more links, both seemingly featuring the same wording from (presumably) the same press release:
Plaza Premium Lounges reopen in Heathrow?s T2 and T5 with enhanced hygienic protocol | Airport Business
"The lounges are now open to the company’s latest airline partners, including Etihad, Finnair, Virgin Atlantic, Vistara and SkyTeam Alliance members" [my bold emphasis].

Unfortunately the official Plaza Premium site doesn't carry the press release, or seemingly contain details of its airline partners. But it seems there are grounds for optimism.

I shall be flying out of LHR in early October, so I look forward to hearing about AZ112's experiences the week after next!

Certainly worth taking the time to send a quick e-mail to their UK office (on their website) and inquiring.

AZ112 Aug 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by fasteddie1971 (Post 32638925)

Hi, sure I'll do. If my plan doesn't change, my flight will be the 9th of september... obiviously if someone have the email address of plaza lounge in LHR and wanna ask for some further details, please give us a clue!

skye1 Aug 31, 2020 5:39 am

Have e-mailed them, and rec'd this reply:

In regards to your inquiry, please be informed that we are currently in the midst of checking with the respective team. We will revert back to your as soon as we received an update.Your patience and understanding on this matter will be highly appreciated.

E-mail addresses are on their website:

[email protected]

[email protected]

AZ112 Aug 31, 2020 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by skye1 (Post 32641844)
Have e-mailed them, and rec'd this reply:

In regards to your inquiry, please be informed that we are currently in the midst of checking with the respective team. We will revert back to your as soon as we received an update.Your patience and understanding on this matter will be highly appreciated.

E-mail addresses are on their website:

[email protected]

[email protected]

ok, pls keep us update once they reply to you!

skye1 Aug 31, 2020 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by AZ112 (Post 32642748)
ok, pls keep us update once they reply to you!

I'm happy to do that. I would strongly suggest you, and others interested, do so as well ! It would help show an interest if they're still considering it.

skye1 Sep 1, 2020 2:38 am

Rec'd this reply this morning - Alitalia seems to be not on their list. Interesting they list several Skyteam airlines but not Alitalia.
So yes, I'd say definitely worth contacting them (and perhaps Alitalia as well) on this.
Please be informed our Lounge accepts passengers from: Finnair, Virgin Atlantic, Etihad, China Airlines, KLM, Delta, Air France, Kuwait, Biman and Vistara (only by invitation) , Tap Portugal, LOT, Turkish Airlines (only by invitation)

AZ112 Sep 1, 2020 3:10 am

Originally Posted by skye1 (Post 32644274)
Rec'd this reply this morning - Alitalia seems to be not on their list. Interesting they list several Skyteam airlines but not Alitalia.
So yes, I'd say definitely worth contacting them (and perhaps Alitalia as well) on this.
Please be informed our Lounge accepts passengers from: Finnair, Virgin Atlantic, Etihad, China Airlines, KLM, Delta, Air France, Kuwait, Biman and Vistara (only by invitation) , Tap Portugal, LOT, Turkish Airlines (only by invitation)

Ok, thank you. I hope to be able to enter with an alitalia ticket by presenting my flyingblue card.. who will pay for my access is air france / klm and not alitalia.

skye1 Sep 10, 2020 4:32 am

For Casa Italia at FCO, Alitalia's website says that those with lounge access can collect a voucher at the SkyPriority check in desks.

Does anyone have any experiences of getting these airside, while in transit / connecting?