Reopening of Casa Alitalia

Old Sep 10, 20, 6:40 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, TP Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skye1 View Post
For Casa Italia at FCO, Alitalia's website says that those with lounge access can collect a voucher at the SkyPriority check in desks.

Does anyone have any experiences of getting these airside, while in transit / connecting?
I had connections at FCO before and never needed a voucher to enter the lounge. I simply show my boarding pass (that should say SkyPriority on it anyways) or show a card with STE+ status on it.
Old Sep 11, 20, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by AHC96 View Post
I had connections at FCO before and never needed a voucher to enter the lounge. I simply show my boarding pass (that should say SkyPriority on it anyways) or show a card with STE+ status on it.
skye1 is not talking about a voucher to enter the lounge. The lounges are currently closed, so on their website AZ indicates that for those who are eligible for lounge access in FCO and JFK, a voucher will be provided that can be used at bars and restaurants that are open at those airports. Unfortunately nothing for other airports where lounges remain closed.
Old Sep 11, 20, 11:47 am

Programs: OW Emerald/AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by KL714 View Post
skye1 is not talking about a voucher to enter the lounge. The lounges are currently closed, so on their website AZ indicates that for those who are eligible for lounge access in FCO and JFK, a voucher will be provided that can be used at bars and restaurants that are open at those airports. Unfortunately nothing for other airports where lounges remain closed.
Indeed. The website says nothing about if or how they're available airside.

I called customer service, and the person said he knew nothing of the "vouchers", said he looked at the "lounge" page on their website and saw only that the lounge is closed.

I did the "hang up and call back" (get a different agent), and was told that when I check in on-line, that is when I get the voucher. Said he did not know if that only applies to departures from airports other than Rome.
Old Sep 12, 20, 2:58 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum, SPG Gold
Used the voucher several times this summer at fco. approach the alitalia transfer desk in T3 to obtain a generous voucher for a spuntino and a drink at one of the outlets. Worked on flights on AF and AZ in J. Asked for a ff-card so I presume flying Y should grant the voucher too.
Old Sep 12, 20, 6:13 am

I just arrived in LIN, waiting for my connecting flight to CTA (both in Y, Elite Plus). Went to the check in desk to ask. Received a voucher for a drink and a sandwich at Caffè Milano for me and my travel companion
Old Sep 13, 20, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by DrLudwig View Post
Used the voucher several times this summer at fco. approach the alitalia transfer desk in T3 to obtain a generous voucher for a spuntino and a drink at one of the outlets. Worked on flights on AF and AZ in J. Asked for a ff-card so I presume flying Y should grant the voucher too.
From what I remember of FCO, there are transfer desks airside, and this is good news!

Assuming that no such provision is available at out-stations where there's no Alitalia lounge but a shared Skyteam lounge that's likely closed, or third-party contracted lounge.
(Example : London Heathrow - Skyteam Lounge in T4 closed because T4 is closed, No Skyteam airlines have their own lounges in T2, but all others - except Alitalia - are contracting with lounges there)
Old Sep 15, 20, 2:29 am

Programs: AF-KL FB Platinum; BAEC Bronze
I can confirm: no lounge access with az ticket at Plaza lounge T2 in LHR. There isn't a contract between the lounge and the airline...sadly.
I've also asked at MXP when they will resume the opening of the SEA lounges... and they didn't known yet.
Old Sep 15, 20, 2:53 pm

Programs: AZ Freccia Alata Plus
No news about rolling over CFA/CFP entitlement, lounges still closed after many/most other airlines are reopening them. Isn't the new Alitalia bothered about holding onto its most loyal customers?
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by fasteddie1971 View Post
No news about rolling over CFA/CFP entitlement, lounges still closed after many/most other airlines are reopening them. Isn't the new Alitalia bothered about holding onto its most loyal customers?
You should know AZ doesn't care about its customers as far its income doesn't depend from them
AZ112 and Squerez like this.
Old Sep 18, 20, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by AZ112 View Post
I can confirm: no lounge access with az ticket at Plaza lounge T2 in LHR. There isn't a contract between the lounge and the airline...sadly..
Indeed, this was the impression I got from the correspondence with Plaza Premium Lounges. They list several Skyteam airlines with whom they have agreements, but Alitalia is not one fo them. Thanks for confirming /verifying with a real-life experience.
raporot likes this.
Old Sep 18, 20, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Sciamano View Post
You should know AZ doesn't care about its customers as far its income doesn't depend from them
Been like that for ages... their contempt for customers keeps them bankrupt constantly
Old Sep 20, 20, 12:45 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC E50K/SPG-Marriott Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/IHG Plat/HHDiamond/Hyatt Discoverist
The FCO Plaza Premium Lounge finally reopened 10 days ago, and yet AZ still cannot manage to reopen at least one Casa Alitalia at their main hub.

The AZ voucher offers a snack/drink at four FCO food/drink outlets, but the Kimbo line was very long last week so I walked to my gate which was at the far end of the E gates.

Meanwhile in ATH...there are now five lounges reopen.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: