Wiki Posts
Search

AZ1026 FCO-MXP on May 13

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2020, 6:20 am
RNE
Original Poster

AZ1026 FCO-MXP on May 13

My wife and I are booked on AZ1026 FCO-MXP on May 13. This is a non-refundable flight and we're not going to be in Italy because of COVID-19.

Question(s): Anybody know if this flight is actually flying? What's the likelihood AZ will cancel it before we have to? How do we cancel it? Any other helpful advice?

Thanks.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
On the Alitalia.com website its clearly written down how to cancel/refund a flight. They offer several options.
Its very likely that effective june 1st the new Alitalia will arise, so a voucher could be used in near future. cash refunds are also offered.
Old May 5, 2020, 1:41 am

Programs: FB Plat
FWIW I have an upcoming booking with Alitalia, due to start on May 15th (4 flights, all but 1 have been cancelled though) and I received the following email yesterday.

You have now to confirm by email or through your travel agency that you intend to fly, otherwise your booking will be immediately cancelled. It would be interesting to know how it would interact with IDB regulation...

Dear customer,
following Italian Government regulations related to social distancing aimed at preventing the contagion of COVID-19, our flights, like all means of public transport, will have a significantly reduced number of seats available.
As a consequence of these limitations and to ensure better flight management and the capacity offered, we ask that you confirm your reservation within 3 days from the receipt of this communication by sending an email, including your booking or ticket information, to the following address: [email protected]. If your booking was made through a travel agency, please contact them directly within 3 days.
If after 3 days from the receipt of this email, we have not received written confirmation, your reservation will be cancelled. If your flight plans have changed, you can ask to change your flight or request a voucher, valid for 1 year, even after the scheduled flight date, as follows:
  • Change your flight, by calling our Customer Centre at the toll-free number 800 650055 (from Italy), +39 065649 (from abroad) or the local numbers found on www.alitalia.com; If your flight was purchased through a travel agency, please contact them directly.
  • Request a voucher valid for 1 year, to fly to any destination served by Alitalia, by writing to [email protected]
Thank you for your cooperation.
Btw, it is really a shame for an airline such as Alitalia not to offer the possibility to rebook your flights online.
Old May 5, 2020, 2:38 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by splflyer
On the Alitalia.com website its clearly written down how to cancel/refund a flight. They offer several options. Its very likely that effective june 1st the new Alitalia will arise, so a voucher could be used in near future. cash refunds are also offered.
I don't see any option for a cash refund.

Originally Posted by Porcepic
You have now to confirm by email or through your travel agency that you intend to fly, otherwise your booking will be immediately cancelled. It would be interesting to know how it would interact with IDB regulation...
Yeah, I just got that email today. Hmm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.