Wiki Posts
Search

How is service in corona times?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:12 am
Original Poster

How is service in corona times?

Hello

Thinking forward, I have a flight booked Rio to Rome end of June. There is an upgrade offer (bod for upgrade) and I was thinking buying an upgrade to premium economy (upgrade to business is a bit steep). Bidding starts at €200 and that seems a fair price for an upgrade (the increased baggage allowance alone would cost €100). But I want to know how service is: one some airlines they have reduced service to a bottle of water so I don't feel upgrading for that. Also: how are my chances with bidding? I am thinking of submitting a bid of €250 max.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I would imagine there is a good chance of this trip not happening, either because of EU entry restrictions, flight cancellations, or major infrastructure issues even if you do get to Rome. Also, you insurance probably would not cover anything if you booked this flight recently. Travel to Europe perhaps in the fall, but June is too early.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: Blogger
i ve also booked my tickets for june

I ve also booked my tickets in june...but don't know that flights would be flying due to virus
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Joevr
I ve also booked my tickets in june...but don't know that flights would be flying due to virus
It's not just flights you need to consider...
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:21 am
Original Poster

I am working temporarily in Brazil, so the flight to Rome (and onwards to Brussels from there) is the return trip. As a EU nationl, I don't think theer are restrictions for me returning to Europe.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Thinksamuel
I am working temporarily in Brazil, so the flight to Rome (and onwards to Brussels from there) is the return trip. As a EU nationl, I don't think theer are restrictions for me returning to Europe.
That's true. But I would keep a close eye on flights, they are being cancelled like crazy. I suspect in about a month the June schedule will be released.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:01 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Also the flight might be totally empty in Y so you might 3 seats for yourself - so poor man's Business Class. If PY is fairy empty can you lie down on 3 seats?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
It's too early to know if your scheduled flight will be operated or not.
June's flights will be re-modulated in the next few weeks.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Thinksamuel
Hello

Thinking forward, I have a flight booked Rio to Rome end of June. There is an upgrade offer (bod for upgrade) and I was thinking buying an upgrade to premium economy (upgrade to business is a bit steep). Bidding starts at €200 and that seems a fair price for an upgrade (the increased baggage allowance alone would cost €100). But I want to know how service is: one some airlines they have reduced service to a bottle of water so I don't feel upgrading for that. Also: how are my chances with bidding? I am thinking of submitting a bid of €250 max.
I did the bid for upgrade from Y to PE quite a few times on the EZE-FCO sector and even with crowded flights, the minimum bid + 10 euros would do the trick (I had Skyteam Elite Plus status, but can't tell whether it matters in these things). I can imagine that flights in June, if they take place, will be mostly empty, so even more reasons not to overbid.

Last edited by Marambio; Apr 23, 2020 at 1:59 am
Old Apr 27, 2020, 5:25 am
Original Poster

My question has been answered. Just got an email from Alitalia:
- reducded service, single packaged meal only
- middle seat will be kept empty and passenger nº reducede to make distance possible
- need to wear mask
- need to fill in a form before boarding
- boarding via jet bridge. in case of bus, there will be a limit of passengers per bus
- all casa Italia lounges closed

So it makes no sense to upgrade. I will just buy an extra piece of luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.