Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

No longer premium economy feeder flights in business class?

Old Feb 16, 20, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)

Has Alitalia silently taken away the perk of flying business on the feeder flights to long haul premium economy flights?
Can't find any connections anymore that has the feeder flights to FCO in business class. Instead you are booked in Y-class.
Old Feb 24, 20, 9:39 am

I am sure it’s something to do with trying to make to company profitable again. It was a nice perk though, hopefully they may reinstate it in the future.
Old Feb 25, 20, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gopher99 View Post
I am sure itís something to do with trying to make to company profitable again. It was a nice perk though, hopefully they may reinstate it in the future.
If only... AFAIK, AZ has never been profitable.
Old Feb 25, 20, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
I can't find a more authoritative source for the oft-repeated "one single year of profit" story - I don't want to look into it too much for fear of disproving it, because it is a *great* story....

EDIT: This FT.com article from April 2017 states:"For decades, successive Italian governments have propped up Alitalia as a matter of national pride and political survival, ploughing an estimated €7bn into it since the 1970s despite the fact that it rarely turned an annual profit" and later quotes a Jonathan Wober as saying that "It hasn’t made a profit since the last century".

https://www.businesstravel.fr/analys...-alitalia.html

Attached Images  
fifty_two likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 25, 20 at 11:27 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: