Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Did AZ renovate the LIN lounges during the 3 months closure?

Old Nov 1, 19, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Gold, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Now that LIN has reopened and all the carriers with lounges could’ve taken advantage of the golden opportunity to revamp their lounges - We know BA did - did AZ make any improvements to their not-impressive LIN lounges during the three month closure?
Old Nov 2, 19, 10:01 am

Reading this post, I just thought that AZ is one step away from bankruptcy (for the n-th time). Refurbishing the lounge at Linate would be something that many would call a "strange" expense at this time. Mind you, I don't own any AZ stock, so I personally don't really care much about it...
Old Nov 4, 19, 6:31 am

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Now it’s actually close due to renovations
Old Nov 5, 19, 10:03 am

Programs: AZ Freccia Alata Plus
Do you know how long these renovation will take? My first trip through the 'new' LIN will be next Friday (15 November).....
Old Nov 5, 19, 10:10 am

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Originally Posted by fasteddie1971 View Post
Do you know how long these renovation will take? My first trip through the 'new' LIN will be next Friday (15 November).....
it seems to take more than 2 months.

I think no way to find it open next Friday

in case, If you have priority pass, you can use the Sala Leonardo (first floor). It is much more better than the “old” Alitalia lounge. Smoking Lounge inside also
Old Nov 14, 19, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
it seems to take more than 2 months.

I think no way to find it open next Friday

in case, If you have priority pass, you can use the Sala Leonardo (first floor). It is much more better than the “old” Alitalia lounge. Smoking Lounge inside also
Update from Linate.....I have just now been told that the AZ lounge will open on Monday 18th November at 16:30. In the meantime they’re offering a newspaper and breakfast voucher (from the counter immediately beneath the lounge). The AZ lady seemed very confident the deadline would be met.

Unfortunately I don’t have a SEA priority pass so was denied entry to the Sala Leonardo, but it looked rather stylish (and empty, but then again it was shortly after 6.30am).

My next flight from LIN isn’t until early December, so look forward to reading glowing reports of the new format. (Frankly I’d be happy if they positioned a departures board screen next to the bar area, and not just near the door....am alwaya in a bit of a rush, given that Linate is my home base, so would be useful!)
Dav77 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 19, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Gold, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Was by today and they truly are working on it. Wish is was done during the airport closure. In the S Leandro lounge which I had considered better than the AZ lounge excep AZ had a human espresso preparer. Today in the S Leandro one with the self-serve espresso machine, they’re using plastic cups. 😐
Old Nov 15, 19, 4:24 am

Good to know. Thanks for this update.
Old Nov 15, 19, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Oakshadow View Post
Was by today and they truly are working on it.
Indeed they were working on it today - the "Casa Alitalia" lettering wasn't yet visible at 6.30am!
Old Nov 18, 19, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
I thought it was to be called Casa Lufthansa?

Old Nov 19, 19, 3:43 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Lounge in LIN reopened on 18th November 2019

Based on the post on AZ Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Alitalia.Italia/ ) the lounge in LIN just reopened yesterday along the day. So from today on it should be newly accessible to everyone has the right ticket and/or status.

Search this Thread