Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Booking/Reservation up to 300+ days availability

Old Oct 22, 19, 12:28 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I was just wondering, when will AZ website/reservation system be updated so that booking for past end March 2020 be made available? Was looking to check out from prices for next year, but I noticed that booking calendar is only bookable until end of March 2020, which is quite strange - as normally most systems let's you book up to 300+ days out from current date.

Cheers!

ps: I hope this is not because it might go into admin or is it because they only have enough money until that period?
Old Oct 22, 19, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Oh maybe it is because the summer schedules aren't loaded - this tends to happen the last week of October...

Do you see the flights you want on expert flyer / matrix / google flights / travel agencies? You would be able to book them there....
Old Oct 22, 19, 4:16 pm

Which route are you looking for?
Old Oct 23, 19, 1:26 am
Original Poster

I was looking for AMS-NRT. I wanted to book it on the Alitalia site as I have a coupon with them that I want to use. That's why. Also noticed that they did not from what I believe, file yet all the correct inventory into the system as even OTA's are showing absurd prices for dates outside of that range - all seems to be filed currently in full fareprices.

It is rather strange that they file the fares so late as I don't think any other major airlines takes so long....anyway, I'll wait than till beginning of Nov to check it.
Old Oct 24, 19, 7:29 am

Given that AZ doesn't shine for IT, I just gave a try and I see there's no problem (07-22 April 2020 AMS-NRT in Y for 557m66Ä).
AZ will swap from NRT to HND from the end of March 2020 and maybe this could be a reason for some glitch but honestly I don't know.
Old Oct 27, 19, 3:01 am

Programs: Alitalia
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering, when will AZ website/reservation system be updated so that booking for past end March 2020 be made available? Was looking to check out from prices for next year, but I noticed that booking calendar is only bookable until end of March 2020, which is quite strange - as normally most systems let's you book up to 300+ days out from current date.

Cheers!

ps: I hope this is not because it might go into admin or is it because they only have enough money until that period?
I have already got my tickets on AZ for next September, so the schedules are loaded.
There is a trick on the website: if you look at the graph that shows the months with lowest price, it does not show beyong March, but if you choose the dates from the calender it does.
Old Nov 5, 19, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Normal to charge change fees if rebooking dates > 337 days out

Hi,

I noticed that AZ seems to impose charges if I want to rebook my dates (after travel) to a date that was not possible to book because of it being out side of the 337 days out when booking.
I was wondering, is this not something that they should waive since it is technically not possible at time of booking to select the correct dates?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

ps: apologies for asking this in this same topic..but i think it still fits in this topic...
Old Nov 5, 19, 5:27 pm

I'm confused by what you're asking.

You booked a flight for dates that differ from what you want and now you want to change them for free? I doubt that's possible.
Old Nov 5, 19, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

What I am asking is I do not see the logic in requesting a passenger pay a change fees when during the booking process, the return date cannot be booked because it is outside the 337 days window. Since the ticket I want to book is valid for 12 months, I want to return within the ticket 1 year period. Since booking is done > 1 year of the return date, this is outside of the booking systems capability - therefore for me it is outside the control of both parties, so an exception should be made in charging a rebooking fees (an increase in air fare is OK reasonable if the same booking class is not available).

Cheers!
Old Nov 6, 19, 3:15 pm

I get what you're saying now. Unfortunately I don't have any answers except wait until the return flight is within the purchase window or buy one way tickets. But the cheapest thing may actually to buy the roundtrip with the wrong return date and pay to correct it when the purchase window opens.
Old Nov 6, 19, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
In those instances I've booked (and flown on day 365!) round trip refundable tickets - of course, the penalty is then waived - and I have been lucky to find fares that are decent compared to nonrefundable options... not saying great, but decent
Old Nov 7, 19, 11:27 am

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
What I am asking is I do not see the logic in requesting a passenger pay a change fees when during the booking process, the return date cannot be booked because it is outside the 337 days window. Since the ticket I want to book is valid for 12 months, I want to return within the ticket 1 year period. Since booking is done > 1 year of the return date, this is outside of the booking systems capability - therefore for me it is outside the control of both parties, so an exception should be made in charging a rebooking fees (an increase in air fare is OK reasonable if the same booking class is not available).

Cheers!
every kind of booking (airlines / hotels / rent car) exist in free modifiable rate or not modifiable rate or modifiable rate with fee.

itís not mandatory to book a non modifiable rate or a modifiable rate with fee if you already know you have to change it ...

of course if you book a modifiable rate with fee, then you have to pay it.

what is the point ?

if you would like to change the return day without to pay any fee, simply book a rate that allows you to do it without fee
Old Nov 18, 19, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Hi,

I noticed that AZ seems to impose charges if I want to rebook my dates (after travel) to a date that was not possible to book because of it being out side of the 337 days out when booking.
I was wondering, is this not something that they should waive since it is technically not possible at time of booking to select the correct dates?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

ps: apologies for asking this in this same topic..but i think it still fits in this topic...
You could have waited to book your ticket until your return date came within the booking window, and could therefore be booked in one go, without requiring changes, and without requiring a change fee...

Search this Thread