Search

Changing coupon-code discounted flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:06 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Changing coupon-code discounted flight

A while ago a booked an intra-european AZ r/t in business during one of the discount days (30% I believe). It now looks that I may have to change one of these flights.

However when I view my itinerary online it doesn't shown any means of changing the dates. Weirdly it shows two payments: One for my 70% of the price (with my creditcard suffix) and one for the 30% portion (with a creditcard unknown to me).

The flights were booked in C so I would expect them to be changeable. But before I start messing with the itinerary by calling AZ, since I don't know details for the new dates yet, what are other peoples experiences with these cases?

Are these treated as a regular C booking that was paid in full (as the full non-discounted payment is shown, paid for by two different creditcards), or, will they make me pay the 30% extra that was discounted previsouly?

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

To answer my own question to hopefully be helpful to others.

Called Alitalia NL: Whether I choose NL or English the line goes dead after 30 seconds.
Called Alitalia international (+39 06 65649) and chose 5 for English. Music plays for 30 seconds and the line goes silent. Almost silent. I can vaguely make out somebody saying 'hello' and some more things, but absolutely totally not understandable. Called a few more times, same thing happened every time.
Called Alitalia in Italy (+39 65649) which turns out to be a non-existent number.

Mind you...all of these come from the official Alitalia website.

Then as a last resort I switched to the UK website. Added '+44' in front of the UK number and got through to an operator. Change fee of 65 euros, converted into 55 GBP. No fare difference.

So that was not bad in the end. The change fee was modest (and less than the 100 euro mentioned on the website). Also I did not have to pay for the 30% portion that was discounted initially by using a coupon code.

The only downside was that I hoped to change the return flights from AZ to AF, but that was denied...not totally unexpected.

Also checking the itinerary now no longer works online. It says, somewhat hilariously: The system was unable to process your request. Additionally there was a problem displaying an error page.
goodandclassy likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Oct 19, 2019 at 4:22 am
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Ohhhh Alitalia! You probably know the trick but do check your ticket number on the saudia website to see if the segments look OK

good to know that it worked!The US number (also free via Skype, etc) is a good option The Albanian folk are v friendly, most of them anyway
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks Unfortunately the Saudi website also doesn't allow to retrieve the itinerary. They do handle that error better though...displaying a nice page explaining that something is up with the reservation

Alitalia did send through a new e-ticket so I'm not too worried. It has the new/correct flight segments as well as a new e-ticket number. So the rebooking seems to have been done successfully. It would be nice to be able to choose seats online, but I guess I'll have to arrange that at the airport. Or call them again but not sure if I wanna go through that again
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Hehe call the Us call center - seat assignments should be quick (in non economy )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.