Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Names Change within 24 hours of Booking - USA to Rome

Old Sep 5, 19, 8:18 am
Original Poster

I'm looking to book flights from the USA to Rome (roundtrip). When I try to book direct with Alitalia I get an error message and I am unable to book because my son (child) and husband have the same name (it says I need to call to book it).

I was hoping to book the flight from google flights (which redirects to the Alitalia website) because it is several hundred dollars cheaper than initiating the booking directly on the Alitalia website first (I don't understand why since even going through google flights redirects you to book direct on alitalias site).

Question: If I spell my sons name wrong by 1 or 2 letters (so I can make the online booking) than immediately CALL Alitalia customer service to have it corrected - will they allow the correction for free? I assume yes because of the 24 hour customer rights Act with the USA DOT law but wasnted to make sure since this is an international flight. However I havent been able to find a definitive answer online.

Thank you.
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:40 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
The AZ website is pretty useless for most booking beyond standard roundtrip. The call center teams are able to find complex fares I find on matrix/g flights and are generally friendly so give them a shot

alternatively, work with a travel agency or email a ticket office with the flights/dates/screenshots of the fare breakdown - this has worked for me too
Old Sep 22, 19, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Can you not just append a "Jr." or "II" like most Americans do when named after Daddy?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: