luggage/carryon sizes

Old Aug 29, 19, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

luggage/carryon sizes

Hi, so I must have looked a little strange today measuring
suitcases and carryons at my local store today 😂.

Alitalia airline says...your suitcase canít be more then
158 cm in total (62Ē) this includes the wheels and handle of the suitcase not just the suitcase.

The carryon canít be more than 55 cm high ( wheels/handle included)
35 cm wide
25 cm deep.

I did find a suitcase but having trouble with a carryon. How stricked are they? Almost every carryon is about 1Ē bigger on the height😖.
Old Sep 1, 19, 3:42 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
The height should not be a problem. Most carry ons are either 50cm or 55cm in height, I have never seen a carryon that was higher than hat (and still considered carry on).

The width however is rediculous. The 35cm is not realistic as pretty much no carry on bag has this dimension. I beliveve that Alitalia and KLM are the only airlines using this max size of 35cm.

Having said that, with both KLM and Alitalia I never had any issues with my 40cm wide carryon. The height is only 50cm in my case, so it doesn't 'look' big, avoiding size checks...but even then, I have not really ever seen them sizing other paxes luggage either.

Generally I think you would be fine with 50x40. However, at your own risk of course. There may be an overzealous gate agent in a bad mood somewhere looking to bother some pax..
Old Sep 1, 19, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:42 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I have not had my bag sized ever on AZ - but the LAX checkin does weigh it to see if it exceeds the allowance for cabin, if that's relevant

Search this Thread
Search Engine: