Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Why does Alitalia show duplicate flights for us?

Old Aug 6, 19, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I have never flown Alitalia and we will be flying them from ZUR - CAI with one stop in FCO.

I went on the website to add my Delta FF number and noticed that they duplicated my ZUR - FCO flight, showing this one leg once as 0 hours, 0 minutes "inbound" and then showing both of our flights ZUR - FCO and then FCO - CAI as "outbound" with the proper times and seats.

Should I worry about this? Should I call them? Why do my flights show like this? I have never seen this before. All of this shows up under one record locator.

Thank you in advance!

Old Aug 10, 19, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by Graciecatt View Post
Should I worry about this? Should I call them? Why do my flights show like this?
No. No. It's just a glitch.
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Aug 11, 19, 3:24 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
I would agree that it is most likely a glitch...but at the same time, verifying doesn't cost a thing. So why not do that to be sure.

You can do that over the phone, but also at any airport that has an Alitalia ticket desk.
Old Aug 11, 19, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
I would agree that it is most likely a glitch...but at the same time, verifying doesn't cost a thing. So why not do that to be sure.

You can do that over the phone, but also at any airport that has an Alitalia ticket desk.
Thank you. I called them and they were able to "cancel" the outbound flight. She said it was because they had changed the flight time (by 10 minutes). Maybe changing the flight time caused a system glitch.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:49 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Yeah i tihnk the app also does this - when you change the flight both segments appear/remain on - which can make it confusing af...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: