Baggage interline with Ukraine Airlinea

Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Baggage interline with Ukraine Airlinea

HI,

I searched this all over the forum and cant find an answer..

I have a ticket JFK-MXP-KBP both flights are separate tickets with a 3 hour layover

JFK-MXP premium
MXP-KBP economy

Will I be able to send the bags without having to take them out and recheck them in Milan?
I purchased a checked bag ($47 extra) on the UIA flight
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:21 am

AZ and PS have baggage interline agreemente so it should be theoretically possible.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sciamano
AZ and PS have baggage interline agreemente so it should be theoretically possible.
Do you know where I can double check this?

I called Alitalia twice and both agents said that AZ and PS dont have a baggage interline agreement.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I think your problem is you have 2 separate tickets.

The interline agreement is a commercial agreement between airlines to handle passengers when they're traveling on multiple airlines on the same itinerary.

I can understand that Alitalia don’t want responsibility on your luggage at the final destination
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dav77
I think your problem is you have 2 separate tickets.

The interline agreement is a commercial agreement between airlines to handle passengers when they're traveling on multiple airlines on the same itinerary.

I can understand that Alitalia don’t want responsibility on your luggage at the final destination

Yes. I have 2 seperate tickets, however the PS segment is booked in the same PNR as the AZ flight. I can see the PS flight show up on Alitalias website
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:53 pm

So the whole itinerary is on one PNR? It should be fine. You can double check it on Expertflyer.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

I thought that it would be fine if its one PNR. 2 agent's said otherwise. To my surprise
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
If it’s on the same PNR so you shouldn’t have problems.

I would suggest you to don’t take care about CC answer and go directly to check in desk, asking to ship your luggage at the final destination
Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Having multiple flights on the same PNR doesn't mean something per-se. Each flight can/will be associated with its own ticket, and therefore its own rules.

It may help with interlining, maybe, but having these segments on the same PNR is not the same as having them on the same ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.