Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Current State? Safe to book for June?

Current State? Safe to book for June?

Old Apr 19, 19, 1:49 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 288
Current State? Safe to book for June?

Hello, currently looking at a round trip for 80k miles with the last flight segment being June 22nd.

I've been reading various articles about Alitalia's current situation, and it seems that June 30, 2019 is the date the contingency loan extension terms will expire.

Am I missing anything? Does this mean in theory it's safe to book this and make plans around them?
joeypore is offline  
Old Apr 20, 19, 9:56 am
  #2  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 288
Anyone familiar....?

From what I've been reading, it sounds like the last thing the Italian government wants to do is let Alitalia go under and let those jobs go.
joeypore is offline  
Old Apr 21, 19, 3:40 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 421
Safe for 22nd June?
Yes
GlobalMatt likes this.
Sciamano is offline  
Old Apr 24, 19, 1:12 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,194
I would feel safe even to book for June 2040
Dav77 is offline  
Old May 12, 19, 12:08 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Programs: Delta, Marriott
Posts: 20
Have booked FCO to MRU for November via Delta website. Hopefully, if they go under, Delta will find me a way there. ��
jdmckay is offline  
Old May 14, 19, 3:28 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,194
Originally Posted by jdmckay View Post
Have booked FCO to MRU for November via Delta website. Hopefully, if they go under, Delta will find me a way there. ��
Alitalia and its marvelous staff will kindly take you in Mauritius 👍
Dav77 is offline  
Old May 16, 19, 1:34 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Posts: 25,111
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
Alitalia and its marvelous staff will kindly take you in Mauritius 👍
I hope you mean that they will get you to Mauritius...cos the alternative would be illegal in Mauritius, and most other destinations!
GlobalMatt and Splendiz like this.
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 19, 9:04 pm
  #8  
formerly meunger11
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC
Programs: AA Plat
Posts: 445
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
I hope you mean that they will get you to Mauritius...cos the alternative would be illegal in Mauritius, and most other destinations!
Just keep Liam Neeson on speed dial, and it'll be fine eitherway.
Boturham and wijibintheair like this.
GlobalMatt is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:42 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 145
So, what is the current situation of Alitalia? Considering booking J tickets to EZE in Feb, but having doubts... Only thing I can find is the postponement for bidding..?

EvD86 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 6:53 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,884
The ultimate rules that are easy to remember!

1) Mondays-Wednesdays: Alitalia closes operations within six months.
2) Thursdays-Saturdays: Alitalia does not close operations.
Sundays: On a rainy Sunday follow rule # 1, otherwise rule # 2.

Note: These rules have been valid since the unity of Italy and they will remain valid as long as Italians will not put cream in their carbonara.
KLouis is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 11:26 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: BRU
Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Posts: 2,580
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
The ultimate rules that are easy to remember!

1) Mondays-Wednesdays: Alitalia closes operations within six months.
2) Thursdays-Saturdays: Alitalia does not close operations.
Sundays: On a rainy Sunday follow rule # 1, otherwise rule # 2.

Note: These rules have been valid since the unity of Italy and they will remain valid as long as Italians will not put cream in their carbonara.
Basically never. Because in Italy, unlike airlines and politics, pasta is a serious affair
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Lefly is offline  
Old Aug 15, 19, 4:41 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,884
On the contrary: because pasta is a serious affair and adding cream to the Carbonara is a crime, these rules will be valid for ever!
KLouis is offline  
Old Aug 15, 19, 12:56 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: BRU
Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Posts: 2,580
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
On the contrary: because pasta is a serious affair and adding cream to the Carbonara is a crime, these rules will be valid for ever!
That's what I meant
Lefly is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 7:59 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,194
Originally Posted by EvD86 View Post
So, what is the current situation of Alitalia? Considering booking J tickets to EZE in Feb, but having doubts... Only thing I can find is the postponement for bidding..?

until feb 2080 donít worry ...
Dav77 is offline  
Old Nov 24, 19, 9:58 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 844
I know what answer Dav77 will give - but what are the thoughts about booking for September 2020? With Lufthansa having said this week they will not invest and Atlantia pulling out does anyone have a good idea what is going to happen? Do you think it will be nationalised?
wijibintheair is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: