Wiki Posts
Search

How reliable is ALITALIA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:21 am
Original Poster

How reliable is ALITALIA

Hello @ll!

I made a reservation in ALITALIA to fly to FCO from GRU, in late August. I thought ALITALIA to be a regular european airline but, after reading recent news, I found that the airline seems to have a lot of financial problems and may go bankrupt.

Since I have plenty of time for my trip, I would like to know your opinions about this airline and where can I get reliable information about its future.

Thank you.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How did you purchase and pay for the ticket? Credit card, debit card, travel agent, bank transfer, etc.? That can matter a lot if AZ does go bankrupt.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Milonga
...{snip}...Since I have plenty of time for my trip, I would like to know your opinions about this airline and where can I get reliable information about its future.
If anybody could get "reliable information" about the future of any kind (including airlines) you'd have no cases of Lehman Brothers, Swissair and other equally "reliable" companies in all sectors...
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Milonga
where can I get reliable information about its future.
Perhaps acquiring a Ouija board and making contact with the spirits could help you see into the future?
fifty_two likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I had one of those, but it disappeared into thin air! I never did find out what happened to it.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
This might be my impression as a casual AZ flyer, but they've been in trouble since at least 2000 - and keep flying

they are like a rat or a cockroach - can withstand a nuclear apocalypse

with that, I do quite enjoy magnifica so as long as I can get myself in such a seat, I will be loyal
joeyE likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
100 % reliable 👍

enjoy 🇮🇹
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Alitalia aren't going anywhere. They've been bankrupt for the last 30 years, the Italian government won't let them fail
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Alitalia aren't going anywhere. They've been bankrupt for the last 30 years, the Italian government won't let them fail
I quote 100%. Whover will let it go down will loose elections in Italy...It means that everybody will do its best to let it fly.
Kidding apart I'm flying AZ since early 90s and AZ financial issues never had any impact on my travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.