two word about new catering

Old Dec 15, 18, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM
Is it official you canít mix an disj from a menu and a dish from the other ? I donít eat meat and wanted to try the fish dishes however if they donít allow that (doesnít really make sense) Iíll have to request a special meal.
Old Dec 15, 18, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by GrizNation View Post
Is it official you can’t mix an disj from a menu and a dish from the other ? I don’t eat meat and wanted to try the fish dishes however if they don’t allow that (doesn’t really make sense) I’ll have to request a special meal.

I belong to the same ‘club’ (i.e. I don’t eat meat) and, to be on the safe side, I always (including short/medium haul) go for the special meal, namely seafood. At times, though, I like something from the standard menu (long-haul, needless to say) and just ask for it — often I even get asked whether there’s anything I’d like to taste from the standard choice.

G
Old Dec 16, 18, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I was able to "cross menus" on a recent FCO-ICN flight. The new menu had just launched that week so it is possible I got either an 'untrained' or extra-friendly crew willing to bend the policies...

p.s. let me know if you'd like to see the menu heh

Last edited by goodandclassy; Dec 16, 18 at 1:33 pm Reason: changed city pair
Old Dec 17, 18, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post

I belong to the same Ďclubí (i.e. I donít eat meat) and, to be on the safe side, I always (including short/medium haul) go for the special meal, namely seafood. At times, though, I like something from the standard menu (long-haul, needless to say) and just ask for it ó often I even get asked whether thereís anything Iíd like to taste from the standard choice.

G
thank you for the insight!

Originally Posted by goodandclassy View Post
I was able to "cross menus" on a recent FCO-ICN flight. The new menu had just launched that week so it is possible I got either an 'untrained' or extra-friendly crew willing to bend the policies...

p.s. let me know if you'd like to see the menu heh
Thanks to you too, is the menu the same as the one posted online?

Old Dec 17, 18, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Originally Posted by GrizNation View Post

Thanks to you too, is the menu the same as the one posted online?

Indeed, it is! I did not realize they were posted online
The FCO-ICN selections were the 'return' menu oddly enough, but probably because it was an overnight flight...I imagine the same would be served on USA-FCO
Old Jan 30, 19, 8:37 am

This was on a recent morning flight (Heathrow to Rome) I went for VLML for a change and wasn't impressed at all (the only decent item was the pastry, whereas the tinned fruit was ghastly to say the least).

Again recently I flew on the late afternoon's Belgrade service from Rome and the SFML was pretty decent, plus the fruit was fresh and not straight out of a Del Monte's can.

G
Xandrios likes this.

Search this Thread