Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia flight 154 (LIN to BRU) 5 Nov

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Alitalia flight 154 (LIN to BRU) 5 Nov

Hi all,

It'll be my first time on this airline, I normally always fly BA but couldn't find a route.

It's a short flight from 17:35 to 19:10, is this upgrade bidding thing worth doing? I've never seen this concept before and it sounds very interesting, what's a reasonable bid for a flight that cost me E112.27 one way? Will it be a hot meal at that time and bar service without upgrade for example?

Thanks all and look forward to checking out this airline.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:46 am

I’m not sure what price the minimum bid is set at but a few things to consider should wish to go for it (or not):

1. The flight is operated by Embraer 175 and it is likely (especially on such busy route) that the seat next to you will be occupied [hence no truly business class ‘feeling’ nor ‘benefit’ as such there];

2. You will indeed get a hot meal (again, if you decide to go for the bid and this is indeed successful) consisting in either lasagne or cheese tortelloni plus the usual choice drink-wise (they serve limoncello as well); economy class offering in terms of food is literally next-to-nil — bag of crisps or alternatively some tiny biscuits accompanied by a hot drink or water/juice/coke (surely not an issue, though, given the length of the flight in question);

3. My advice: I would save the cash for some decent food and a proper espresso coffee at Linate: whilst a successful bid would give you lounge access, the 2 Alitalia lounges at the airport in question are, however, nothing to write home about and often very crowded, especially at that time of the day; had you been flying out of Rome on a non-Schengen flight I would have probably suggested to go for it as the new Alitalia lounge is really worth it.

Any doubts, please let us know and, above all, welcome to the Alitalia forum.

G
sparkswillfly likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I’m not sure what price the minimum bid is set at but a few things to consider should wish to go for it (or not):

1. The flight is operated by Embraer 175 and it is likely (especially on such busy route) that the seat next to you will be occupied [hence no truly business class ‘feeling’ nor ‘benefit’ as such there];

2. You will indeed get a hot meal (again, if you decide to go for the bid and this is indeed successful) consisting in either lasagne or cheese tortelloni plus the usual choice drink-wise (they serve limoncello as well); economy class offering in terms of food is literally next-to-nil — bag of crisps or alternatively some tiny biscuits accompanied by a hot drink or water/juice/coke (surely not an issue, though, given the length of the flight in question);

3. My advice: I would save the cash for some decent food and a proper espresso coffee at Linate: whilst a successful bid would give you lounge access, the 2 Alitalia lounges at the airport in question are, however, nothing to write home about and often very crowded, especially at that time of the day; had you been flying out of Rome on a non-Schengen flight I would have probably suggested to go for it as the new Alitalia lounge is really worth it.

Any doubts, please let us know and, above all, welcome to the Alitalia forum.

G

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond with such detail. I will take your advice.

I was a little concerned when I seen this though. I was positive I booked a fare with baggage allowance. I'm now in Milan with a carry on and a hold case that I'm worried I won't get to Brussels without additional cost. The Alitalia website is pretty poor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.