Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No free lounge to C passengers?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

No free lounge to C passengers?

Hello, in a few days I will fly (again) MIA-FCO-VRN with 2 hours in FCO. This time it's an award ticket in business class. Of course there is no business class in the last leg. Still, I remember that I always was allowed to enter the FCO lounge in T1 for free on my previous trips.

Now the AZ website wants to sell me lounge access in T1 for 35 Euro.

I used to have the highest status with AZ (CFA), now it's just Ulisse. So this might be the reason. Still, can it really be that there is no free access for connecting C passengers?

Thanks for confirming this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:19 pm

Merely one of those [many and longstanding] website bugs, you are of course allowed lounge access. Still, no tortellini on the most recent Magnifica menu though

G
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by tortellini
Hello, in a few days I will fly (again) MIA-FCO-VRN with 2 hours in FCO. This time it's an award ticket in business class. Of course there is no business class in the last leg. Still, I remember that I always was allowed to enter the FCO lounge in T1 for free on my previous trips.

Now the AZ website wants to sell me lounge access in T1 for 35 Euro.

I used to have the highest status with AZ (CFA), now it's just Ulisse. So this might be the reason. Still, can it really be that there is no free access for connecting C passengers?

Thanks for confirming this.
If you're booked in Y-cl on FCO-VRN you will have no lounge access. It always depends on wich class you're departing...

Looks like your status match already expired...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
If you're booked in Y-cl on FCO-VRN you will have no lounge access. It always depends on wich class you're departing...

Looks like your status match already expired...
Disagree. Just talked my way into the AL lounge at FCO in May. Was YUL-FCO-PMO with the FCO-PMO an all econ config so ticket was booked in Y. YUL-FCO was in C. Explained to the nice lounge guardians that I had "booked" on the web as a "business class" and the FCO leg was all Y so couldn't be anything else. I smiled and just kept quiet knowing that the first person to talk would lose. It helped that a small line was building behind me. Worked like a charm.
goodandclassy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.