FCO connection

Old Mar 11, 18, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, BA Silver
FCO connection

Hi,

I'll be flying AZ soon and never set foot in FCO yet so just have some questions about the connection there. I couldn't really find details on AZ or the airport's website. I have a 1h00 connection from an AZ Schengen flight (mainline, not CityLiner) to a non Schengen shorthaul (LHR). Do you have any idea what this transfer will look like? Also, If I have any time for the lounge, which one will be closest to me?

Thank you!
Old Mar 11, 18, 6:30 am

Hi and welcome to the AZ sub-forum [if that’s indeed your first visit in terms of posting]

A moderator will probably merge the thread into the multi-page’s related thread MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino but, before they do so, here’s the answer to your query.

1 hour is generally speaking plenty of time in normal circumstances (i.e. assuming no major delays coming into Rome). In the event that your plane will park at a remote stand (this, I’m afraid, tends to happen fairly often at FCO), a bus will take you to the arrivals area of Terminal 1 — do not follow exit but turn right instead and go up the stairs, then a left turn again towards gates C/D/E and continue to follow E, you will go through passports and proceed straight through the duty-free area (no security), an Alitalia lounge (sadly, the worst in the entire airport, even though the food is not that bad!) will be on the left-hand side next to an information desk (if you miss it, follow the signs for the BA lounge). Had you had more time, you could have visited ‘Casa Alitalia’ (E31/44), on the other concourse.

All-in-all, even assuming a ‘remote’ arrival/bus transfer, it will take you roughly 15 minutes to get to the lounge, not even 10 minutes if your plane docks on to a gate (area B).

Any doubts, please let us know.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Mar 11, 18 at 6:36 am
Old Mar 11, 18, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Hi and thanks for the welcome!

I did not see the thread you mention, indeed it's full of useful infos. I was looking for a wikipost and missed it. Anyway, thanks a lot for this!

I'm not too stressed for the connection to be honest, I'm not on the last LHR flight of the day so worst case i'll just be late - and flying on a Sunday it doesn't really matter to me. Main question was about the lounge as the ST website is really not clear about their locations, and terminals/gates numbers doesn't match.

Ok so E gates for LHR, but can it be any E gate? You mention E31/E44, any chance my flight can depart for there or that's just for long hauls??

Thank you!
Old Mar 11, 18, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by quentinr View Post
You mention E31/E44, any chance my flight can depart for there or that's just for long hauls?
Chances that your flight will depart from 31/44 are virtually next-to-nil Iím afraid ó and thatís a shame, because the Alitalia lounge in question is truly worth it. You will, however, be okay for a prosecco and some food in the other lounge (again, a pretty shabby place but the food as such is not bad).

​​​​​​​G
Old Mar 12, 18, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for your help!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: