Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

777 Business Class - Mini Cabin or Forward?

Old Feb 25, 18, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler

Traveling soon with my spouse from FCO/JFK this summer in one of the honeymoon seats (TBD on the location).
~Preferences on main cabin seating versus mini cabin? Realizing the semi-privacy factor in mini cabin.
~Any service preference to the mini cabin? Quicker meal service or do they begin with the main cabin first?
Many thanks for any insights.
Old Mar 25, 18, 3:38 pm

@FragranceMarketingGuy,

I appreciate you may have already made your choice at this stage and I do apologise as I missed your post/thread entirely.

That said, I tend to prefer the main cabin within Magnifica (or simply business class) merely for the pre-departure service (which, towards the back, is too much trouble for the crew as boarding is underway) and for being quieter overall during the boarding process/preparation on the whole. Moreover, on the last couple of flights (I sat on 10L, for the records), I was unable to order my choice of main as one of the flight assistants serving the mini-cabin told me that literally everyone at the front had ordered the same and they ran out (whether she was lying or not, je ne sais pas, I thought that asking some of the folks sitting towards the front was out of the question, for obvious reasons ). In terms of meal service as such, I didn't notice any difference to be fair.

Again, my apologies for the delay in responding to your query and I hope you have a nice trip.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Mar 25, 18 at 4:16 pm
Old Apr 1, 18, 5:42 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
It seems to be hit or miss...
I feel quite confortable in the small cabin. The downside might be the Premium Economy Pax that walk trough to the toilets...
Regarding meal choice I was lucky so far... But also had same Problem once on 5A, where my choice was not available anymore... In the small cabin, you will have two own flight attendants serving the food.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Apr 2, 18, 6:22 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL FB Plat.
Having recently flown FCO-SCL-FCO and FCO-EZE-FCO I chose 3A (twice), 3L and 1L and these are my preferences in the main cabin and would try to get these again if flying AZ B772. Not been in the mini cabin though. Had the A332 on the FCO-GIG-FCO (3A on both flights) but prefered the B772 as seemed to be more width at the seats due to the wider airframe.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: