Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Hand luggage on bulkhead seat floor during taxying/take-off/landing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

Unsure if this is OT for flyertalk / the AZ forum, yet...

National AZ flight today, a full flight so a lot of passengers had carry-on luggage.
On row 1 of an A319, so on a bulkhead seat, passengers on window seat were allowed to keep their carry-on in front of them during take-off and landing, and all the other passengers (but me) kept their bags/backpacks in front of them.
The cabin attendants, including the purser, saw them and didn't care, neither for take-off, nor for landing.

Here's my question, out of curiosity: isn't it a violation of standard regulations, or is it airline-dependent? How serious is it? Would you report it, and to whom?

Thanks,
-- A
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:13 pm

Whilst I’m certainly not an expert on the matter, there’s a sticker on the panel(s) facing row 1 clearly stating that no items are allowed on the floor for take off & landing. Incidentally, I was on an Alitalia flight today (seat 1F) and wasn’t even allowed to keep my coat on the [empty] middle seat.

G
Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Got back from an international Flight, where cabin crew allowed baggage on the floor on empty business class seats... Well she also was a awful DYKWIM person...
But my recent experience is, that AZ cabin crew often don't care very much anymore... Per part very de-motivated what also reflects on their on bord service!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:13 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
It's Italy...It's Alitalia.

My CTA-LIN flight on AZ two days ago had the girl in front of me reclined all the way back from boarding through landing and the window seater to my left had the tray table down during landing.People got up to get bags while still on an active taxiway; this happens often on my flights too.

It's Italy...It's Alitalia.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:16 pm

Only Air India will top that... The person next to me at the aisle was sleeping lieflat during landing in DEL...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Only Air India will top that... The person next to me at the aisle was sleeping lieflat during landing in DEL...
Perhaps he was not sleeping but had simply reached Nirvana!
OxfordBlue likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Perhaps he was not sleeping but had simply reached Nirvana!
Yeas... I did not consider this option
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Alitalia MilleMiglia, Hyatt, Le Meridien
Flight 621 LAX to FCO: carry-on luggage not stowed in the overhead or underneath the seat in front on landing. This was towards the back of Magnifica, not a bulk-head row, on a flight about 1/2 full. FA's observed this and walked by without saying anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.