Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

New Classica Plus/Premium Economy with GEVEN seats on the 777s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Classica Plus/Premium Economy with GEVEN seats on the 777s

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
New Classica Plus/Premium Economy with Geven Comoda AQ (alta quota) seats on 777s

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know anything about the renovation of the Premium Economy cabin on the 777s? I always keep an eye on this forum but don't recall having read anything about the new Geven Comoda AQ (alta quota) seats that are replacing the fixed-shell seating. Take a look:

Riconfigurato il primo 777 Alitalia (con foto))

As per "Alitalia Fan": New IFE of the latest generation in all classes, certainly faster and with better definition than the one mounted until now original 2002. New seats in Y definitely different from the current ones that have collected many negative feedback for ergonomics and hardness of the seats. New Y + armchairs, less claustrophobic and without the bulky body that makes the cabin less airy.

Apparently these seats are called "GEVEN Comoda AQ (Alta Quota): COMODA AQ (alta quota), Premium Economy class seat

Has anyone tried these new seats? Wondering if you would know details about recline and seat pitch? Do you guys know if the entire fleet is being updated with a new Classica Plus cabin? Are the new seats being rolled out to the A330s as well?

I am really curious to hear about your experiences, it would be great if you could add some more images and your overall impression.

I apologize if this has been discussed here before. I have Googled the subject and found practically nothing about this renovation - it sounds like a rather very quiet update!

Thank you!
JournoFlyer likes this.

Last edited by LondonFlight; Mar 27, 2018 at 6:37 am
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:34 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
These look a bit similar to Cathay Pacific Prem. Economy seats, which are nice seats (although basic).
LondonFlight likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:22 am

I believe it only applies to 777 for now and will be changed when they change IFE.
About half the 777 should have them (including “New” 772 and 77W) due to financial situations currently no more work is being done.

seat now is a lot more similar to the one that is on A330 (not fixed shell)
LondonFlight likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Interesting, only two comments since I posted this query a month ago. It becomes evident that there has been no promotion or news about the retrofit of the Classica Plus cabin.

It would be great if you guys would share your recent experiences on Alitalia's premium economy. I am considering buying a ticket to GIG in Classica Plus, wondering what it is like these days.

Thank you!

Last edited by LondonFlight; Jan 23, 2018 at 6:07 am
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I flew EZE-FCO-EZE on PE in November.

On the way to Europe we had the older seats with the hard seatbacks. They are not particularly comfortable and the IFE is a good reminder of what flying was like in the late 1990s Service was pretty good, though - welcome drink (prosecco, water and OJ), Argentine and Italian newspapers, constant water/OJ rounds during the night, etc.

Going back home, we got the new seats. Those are much more comfortable, with generous recline, and IFE was very good - the screen is large and has a good resolution, and there were many recent movies. Wi-fi was available but I didn't try it. Catering ex FCO seems to be much better than ex EZE. Italian newspapers and the International New York Times were offered. It was a very bumpy journey, hence there weren't as many drink rounds during the night as on the previous flight, but still the crew did a good job.
LondonFlight likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Reviving this old thread - I am due to fly in PE next month on a route with 777s. Anyone know if the seat refit is now complete on the fleet? Ditto for the IFE?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
Reviving this old thread - I am due to fly in PE next month on a route with 777s. Anyone know if the seat refit is now complete on the fleet? Ditto for the IFE?
The IFE on pretty much all the 777s I have flown with was outdated to say the least, a blast from the past to put it mildly (I believe most 330s have an updated IFE but that’s of little or no consolation to you, unfortunately). Seat-wise: all good apart from EI-WLA (business class only).

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.