Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are all miles going to expire on Jan 2018?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That's half the battle. You will actually have to fly them

And are you sure that booking them now is within the terms of the offer?
Is it not? I’m not sure, I had to book them anyway because I need to fly them!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
That said, we’ll see how things develop with Flying Blue next Monday, it might be time to consider MilleMiglia once again

G
Well, it doesn't look like I'll be swinging my allegiance back to Flying Blue next year, after all, given that they have made it so much harder to attain status in the new programme. Millemiglia will remain my Skyteam FFP of choice - whether or not it decides to remain in Skyteam
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:19 am

Well, it doesn't look like I'll be swinging my allegiance back to Flying Blue next year, after all, given that they have made it so much harder to attain status in the new programme. Millemiglia will remain my Skyteam FFP of choice - whether or not it decides to remain in Skyteam
And I don't blame you. Admittedly, I was hoping for a revamp in terms of benefits (e.g. something which could differentiate P from G as there's little point in going all the way to P as we speak) but nothing new on that front. Also, the changes when it comes to calendar/membership year are slightly off-putting. Let's wait and see what happens to good-old MilleMiglia.

G
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: United Premiere 1K, SW Companion, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime, Hertz Presidents Circle
Happy New Year from Alitalia :-(

Info point here.
My paltry 15K miles that I had transferred to Alitalia a couple years ago, hoping to use on a flight within Italy that never materialized, have just disappeared over the New Year. Thank goodness I didn't risk more than that!
Pretty sure AwardWallet showed that they were not expiring until April or May - so I was planning on trying to use them when I was over there next in April. Oh well, one less thing to worry about!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The new edition of the programme started on 1 January 2018.

As per this page, the miles accumulated in the previous programme can be used until 31 March 2018 [and there was an offer to extend the lifetime beyond this date already notified to members].

The following message appears on the Italian language version of the website; you may expect your miles to appear correctly from tomorrow.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: United Premiere 1K, SW Companion, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime, Hertz Presidents Circle
The new edition of the programme started on 1 January 2018.

As per this page, the miles accumulated in the previous programme can be used until 31 March 2018 [and there was an offer to extend the lifetime beyond this date already notified to members].

The following message appears on the Italian language version of the website; you may expect your miles to appear correctly from tomorrow.
Thanks for checking further and clarifying IrishGuy.. Looks like in my situation I will maybe be able to hang onto these 15K for another 3 months before I will lose them...WooHoo!!
I am scheduled next to fly to Rome on March 31 (!!!) arriving April 1- so no chance of booking a flight that takes off before Mar 31. Unless by some chance I am still misunderstanding and I have till Mar 31 to book the flight??
So close and yet so far...story of my life! :-)
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Yes you can book for travel after March.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: AZ
Originally Posted by antoniob
Hello,
I have about 30000 MilleMiglia Alitalia miles.

The website states that:
"
MILES EARNED IN THE 2013-2017 EDITION

The current edition of the MilleMiglia Program has been extended to 31 December 2017. Therefore you can continue to earn miles until that date and spend miles for awards by January 31, 2018.
"

Does this mean that if I don't spend my miles by January 2018, I am going to lose them?

Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
It looks like I will have to let 175k miles expire as I can't find any flights from Toronto to anywhere before March 31st. I am thinking of 'renewing' these miles by flying two flights with AZ but can't see the value of keeping these miles with the higher redemption rates.

Suggestions on how to utilize the miles will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:27 pm

Do you think you could start your journey from JFK? If you want to extend the life of your miles collected in MM from 2013 to 2017 you will have to make at least 4 flights operated by AZ (with AZ flight number) till 31.03.2018. If you live in Canada that might be quite expensive. I managed to book an award seat in business class of Virgin Australia (HKG - MEL) 100 000 miles and 50 EUR as tax.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by A359
Do you think you could start your journey from JFK? If you want to extend the life of your miles collected in MM from 2013 to 2017 you will have to make at least 4 flights operated by AZ (with AZ flight number) till 31.03.2018. If you live in Canada that might be quite expensive. I managed to book an award seat in business class of Virgin Australia (HKG - MEL) 100 000 miles and 50 EUR as tax.
I thought seeing the two flights deal to keep the miles this morning. Now, I can't see it. Four flights to keep the miles is definitely a non-starter for me.

I could fly from JFK . I am also looking at flights from SIN to PER in July. Your award from HKG-MEL is a steal, IMHO

Did you find the award seat online or call in? I have had no luck finding anything online so far.

Last edited by salfcl; Jan 10, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by salfcl
I thought seeing the two flights deal to keep the miles this morning. Now, I can't see it. Four flights to keep the miles is definitely a non-starter for me.

I could fly from JFK .
Why is 4 a non starter?

Just avoid direct AZ routings. Instead of JFK-FCO-JFK, fly JFK-FCO-LIN-FCO-JFK, or JFK-FCO-VCE-FCO-JFK, or whatever.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:31 am

I could fly from JFK . I am also looking at flights from SIN to PER in July. Your award from HKG-MEL is a steal, IMHO

Did you find the award seat online or call in? I have had no luck finding anything online so far.
I couldn't make booking of an award ticket on-line it seems there was a technical error.. I called MM to book flight. But it's quite expensive (a call center servise fee was added). I think if you don't see an availble seat via the website, call center might not help you (they see the same availability). When I was making an award booking there were 2 available seats on VA.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:19 am

Why is 4 a non starter?

Just avoid direct AZ routings. Instead of JFK-FCO-JFK, fly JFK-FCO-LIN-FCO-JFK, or JFK-FCO-VCE-FCO-JFK, or whatever.
Thanks for the tip. Will check on that.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:26 am

Thanks for the tip. Will check on that.
by the way, I booked the trip to go in Jan 2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.