Wiki Posts
Search

Awards only on Codeshares??????

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Awards only on Codeshares??????

I have been trying to book a one way award ticket for SEA/YVR-NRT/HND. Told award seats can only be given on flights that AZ has codeshares with. Is this true?

Same for YVR-LHR.

Other flier programs let you book on any partner if they have award access, nothing to do with the flight being a codeshare. AZ has no codeshares to YVR, making millemiglia worthless. Delta has lots of award space available in the October date range that I am looking at, even at 40,000 miles (AZ charges 50,000).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tobegold
Is this true?
No. As you would know if you had actually tried to book the flights in question.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
No. As you would know if you had actually tried to book the flights in question.
I did try to book the flights in question. The dates you found were just after my departure date range. I called the service Center (Albania) three times and was told nothing was available until March and then told that award tix could only be booked on flights that AZ had codeshares, which I told them was not the case but the agent insisted. I thought TK Miles & smiles agents were incompetent, AZ's are worse. My first time trying to book an award seat with this program.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:55 am
Original Poster

There are dates available in my return date range, but my concern is if MM award tix are not honoured. Okay to scrub the trip if outgoing tix get canned, but do not want to get stuck on the return if MM/AZ pulls the plug. I do not want to get Air Berlin'd and stuck with paying for an overpriced return ticket. 20 October has TYO departures available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.