Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage pick up at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ITA
Luggage pick up at LAX

Next week I will be travelling GOA-FCO-LAX-HNL. I will arrive to LAX at 14.15 and depart the next morning to HNL.
My question is: should I pick up my luggage at LAX or can I check it in to HNL directly? I know I will have to clear the Customs and take physically my luggage, but just wanted to avoid going to the hotel with all my stuff and leave it in the airport. In this case, when I do check in at GOA, will they give me boarding passes for all 3 flights?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
1) They should be able to give you all your BPs at GOA, though Delta (I'm assuming) will probably give you another BP at LAX anyway.

2) Technically, they probably can check it all the way through and you can drop it with Delta after clearing customs. You may not want to do that, given that it will probably result in your baggage being delayed, as airlines tend to be really bad at keeping track on these types of layovers.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1120A

2) Technically, they probably can check it all the way through and you can drop it with Delta after clearing customs. You may not want to do that, given that it will probably result in your baggage being delayed, as airlines tend to be really bad at keeping track on these types of layovers.
So if I decide to keep my luggage at LAX, what should I do in GOA?
Shall I make check in through HNL and get all 3 BPs, but take my luggage in LAX?
Or shall I check in to LAX only, get 2 BPs, take my luggage in LAX and make a new check to HNL in the morning I depart?
I have all 3 legs on the same PNR obviously.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:46 am

Is this an AZ (055)-issued ticket? Be aware that you may struggle to get all boarding passes at the outstation (GOA), where they will probably ask you to speak to the transfer desk as soon as you land in FCO; after queing for 20 minutes (especially at that time in the morning), you'll most certainly end up on the 620 to LAX without the boarding pass to your final destination (personal experience). Tip: if you arrive at a remote stand from GOA (and therefore get taken by bus to the main terminal building), make sure you speak to the desk located on the ground floor, just before the exit, left hand side facing the escalator.

G
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Is this an AZ (055)-issued ticket? Be aware that you may struggle to get all boarding passes at the outstation (GOA), where they will probably ask you to speak to the transfer desk as soon as you land in FCO; after queing for 20 minutes (especially at that time in the morning), you'll most certainly end up on the 620 to LAX without the boarding pass to your final destination (personal experience). Tip: if you arrive at a remote stand from GOA (and therefore get taken by bus to the main terminal building), make sure you speak to the desk located on the ground floor, just before the exit, left hand side facing the escalator.

G
It is reward ticket issued by AZ and it starts with 055.
If folks in GOA do not give me all 3 BPs, but 2 only, do I need to struggle or given I stay at LAX for stopover, can I obtain the last one in LAX the morning I depart?
Just a bit confused what it better to do.
Thanks for the tip, well understood where the desk is (never paid attention to left hand side )
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by annaschummi
It is reward ticket issued by AZ and it starts with 055.
If folks in GOA do not give me all 3 BPs, but 2 only, do I need to struggle or given I stay at LAX for stopover, can I obtain the last one in LAX the morning I depart?
Just a bit confused what it better to do.
Thanks for the tip, well understood where the desk is (never paid attention to left hand side )
You will only have a bit more than an hour in Rome so I wouldn't bother and head straight to concourse E instead, your LAX flight will probably be already boarding by the time you get there. That aside, if you manage to get all BPs at GOA then sound (luggage through to HNL even better); if not, I think you'd be better off collecting your bag in Los Angeles and re-check it the following morning.

G
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks a lot for your explanations!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
If you need your bags when you get to Hawaii, I'd definitely keep them with you at LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.