Search

Trouble selecting a seat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
Trouble selecting a seat

Good evening everyone,
I've just organised my first flight (3 of them) with Alitalia and I'm having some issues selecting a seat.
It worked fine in my first flight (NAP to FCO) where I was able to select the seat during the booking process.
Then on my second booking, FCO to VRN and VRN back to FCO, I entered the seats when I paid but now they've disappeared and the website is saying seat "unassigned".

I've logged into managing my booking and there doesn't appear to be any option to select a seat. I've booked an 'economy classic' seat so I do expect I'm entitled to select a seat?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:18 am

Hi PaulST,

Initially let me please welcome you to the Alitalia forum - thanks for posting and apologies for the slight delay in responding.

Are you hundred percent sure that your FCO-VRN-FCO flights were booked under the Economy Classic fare? Reason I'm asking is that there's a bug on the website which lets you select seats after purchasing an Economy Light fare only for seat selection to disappear as soon as closing the booking session; indeed, you would basically find out when loading your reservation through the My Flights tab. If you have indeed purchased a Classic fare, then I'd suggest getting in touch with UK customer services (generally speaking, a tad more switched on compared to the Italian call centre).

Let us know how you get on.

G
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
Thanks for the reply.

Yep, they're definitely economy classic.

I ended up calling the Australian call centre (something i didn't think would have existed until I googled it) and they selected the seat for me.
I'm quite happy that I was able to get 1F both-ways as I don't have any status with AZ.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:37 am

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Safe travels,

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.