Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Not requalifying for Alata Plus - Ulisse or Alata for 2017?

Not requalifying for Alata Plus - Ulisse or Alata for 2017?

Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
I already booked 4 segments in December last year (2 within Italy and 2 cross country FR-IT).

So I missed 2 international segments.

Thanks to ITA matrix I found that ATH-FCO-CDG (or BRU) was the cheapest with 2 cross countries segment in the same trip.

Cheap lightfare in R was 80 all in.

I took both segments this morning and they already posted in the Millemiglia account.

Positioning flight to ATH was 100 but I could do all in one night.

PS: I am making the assumption that the date the flight was booked and the OTA does not count (at my own risk).
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Just checked my account today and I was downgrade back to the green card. I flew 1 longhaul with KE for ST, but credited to AS instead. Well..that's another status gone.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Jma12
Just checked my account today and I was downgrade back to the green card. I flew 1 longhaul with KE for ST, but credited to AS instead. Well..that's another status gone.
Flight activity alone isn't enough to invoke a soft landing.

There simply isn't one in the current Millemiglia programme.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
My status dropped from the highest status to green one... pretty harsh! Got a trip booked with them to Turin later this month, let's see if they give me the gold card as their targeted promo promised.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I'm in the same position as you. From previous posts on here I assume no soft landing, but guess we'll find out in April.

Ulisse does at least offer SkyPriority, as well as lounge access in AUH, which is better than nowt.
For info my status is now Ulisse as expected (based on qualifying miles not a soft landing).

It did actually show as green/no status over the weekend, but think that was just a short lag between expiry of previous status and recognition of Ulisse qualification.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
It did actually show as green/no status over the weekend, but think that was just a short lag between expiry of previous status and recognition of Ulisse qualification.
Downgrades were processed a day early, on Friday 31 March.

Etihad (which now majority owns the Alitalia frequent flyer programme) also ran their status conversion a day early, on Friday last.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
According to this article, some people are getting softlanding:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/05/14/a...qualification/

I wasn't sure if AZ will end their program at that time, because they were in a very bad financial situation(still is), and decided to credit to AS

Not a big problem for me, since I rarely fly with ST these days.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to this article, some people are getting softlanding:
That's not a soft landing (Freccia Alata Plus -> Green/Base -> Ulisse)

A soft landing would be Freccia Alata Plus -> Freccia Alata

As per another poster a few days ago, this is the "normal" sequence. If you don't requalify for your current status, you are knocked back to Green/Base. Then, they look at your flying in the previous year, and see if you deserve a higher status. In both cases, Ulisse [the lowest status level] was earned.

Not gifted.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:41 am

The author of the article did received Freccia Alata, but he credit some KE flights to his account.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The author of the article did received Freccia Alata, but he credit some KE flights to his account.
The article doesn't mention Freccia Alata at all, and clearly shows the Ulisse status card, which agrees with the text (highlighted below).

Ulisse is not a mid-tier level - it is the first status level (Skyteam Elite) with Freccia Alata (Skyteam Elite Plus) being the mid-tier between Ulisse and Freccia Alata Plus (Skyteam Elite Plus)
Attached Images  
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The article doesn't mention Freccia Alata at all, and clearly shows the Ulisse status card, which agrees with the text (highlighted below).

Ulisse is not a mid-tier level - it is the first status level (Skyteam Elite) with Freccia Alata (Skyteam Elite Plus) being the mid-tier between Ulisse and Freccia Alata Plus (Skyteam Elite Plus)
Ah okay I see. Sorry for the confusion. My account did not show Ulisse status, just the green card (base member). The author wrote soft landing on the picture, and I just assume he was right..
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Got demoted to Ulisse from Freccia Alata Plus. I credited a few KQ flights during my time as Freccia Alata Plus (matched).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by im.daniel
Got demoted to Ulisse from Freccia Alata Plus. I credited a few KQ flights during my time as Freccia Alata Plus (matched).
Indeed, there is no soft landing, and not everyone got the "status prolongation challenge" email mentioned above.

I suspect it was sent to those that may have shown a certain amount of AZ flying.

Afterall, they don't really care about your Skyteam flying. AZ is gradually drifting away from the Skyteam partners to which they were closest.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AZ, BA, LH
I was matched to Freccia Alata (from BA silver) till 31/03/2017 . Soft landed to Ulisse (no communication from AZ about thi)
My wife was matched to Freccia Alata (from BA bronze) till 31/03/2017. Now basic Millemiglia but she got an e-mail from AZ telling that an Ulisse card is "waiting" and she need a medium haul in any class before 30/04 (which is already booked btw)
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Just like everyone on here I got a match from RJ Platinum (OWE) to Freccia Alata Plus. I just did it as an "insurance" , just in case I would have to fly Skyteam at some point in time, but have not flown a single flight, so there was no activity on my AZ profile.

I was surprised to see that I was only downgraded to Ulisse (Sky Team Elite), which is still good as it allows priority check in and a few other perks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.