Wiki Posts
Search

AZ migrates to SABRE (GDS) now -15OCT16

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
AZ migrates to SABRE (GDS) now -15OCT16

As already mentionned in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...lia-gds-2.html, Alitalia is now migrating it's own booking system ARCO to SABRE. After this step, AZ uses the same system as it's mother EY does or i.ex. F7 and AA.

SABRE bookings can be checked online on: https://www.virtuallythere.com/new/login.html.

I recommand the App TripCase for SABRE bookings.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:14 am

anyone knows the timing behind this?
why are they doing this from Friday afternoon to Saturday night and not Saturday to Sunday when you´d expect traffic to be lighter?
Also, offline to accept bookings for 20+ hours seems long, no?
Good luck everyone at AZ for smooth(er) sailings!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:46 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Website is back - up and running as far as I can see...
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
Website is back - up and running as far as I can see...
Indeed, even though most functions are yet to be restored (I have been trying to book a flight and amend my personal information on a previously confirmed booking without any joy, so far). That aside, I was expecting some degree of operational chaos today but everything turned to be -pretty much- plain sailing (we landed in WAW with a delay of roughly 20 minutes but nothing to complain about, mainly given that we had left FCO nearly one hour late).

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Oct 15, 2016 at 4:04 pm
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
The website is a complete mess today, and they must be losing thousands of euros in lost bookings. I have been trying to book tickets today for several flights for work in the coming weeks but no joy. No doubt the website will be working tomorrow and all the tickets will be priced higher than they would've been today... They'll need to recoup some of the lost revenue. The Alitalia app it's also not functioning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.