Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

How does MilleMiglia calculate travelled miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold

May have to do a MR to keep my MilleMigila status for next year.

If I do a trip to SIN, via ATL-NRT, would I earn miles per this route, that is 10,901 or will I just earn 9310 (YYZ-SIN)?

Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
It really depends...

You're not giving us enough details for a clear answer!

For each different flight number you get miles credited individually. If your flight number is the same on your flight YYZ-ATL, ATL-NRT, NRT-SIN, the you only get credited the miles for YYZ-SIN. The credit of miles also depends on the airine you were booked on... Check AZ Millemiglia for the amount to be credited by each partner airline!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
It really depends...

You're not giving us enough details for a clear answer!

For each different flight number you get miles credited individually. If your flight number is the same on your flight YYZ-ATL, ATL-NRT, NRT-SIN, the you only get credited the miles for YYZ-SIN. The credit of miles also depends on the airine you were booked on... Check AZ Millemiglia for the amount to be credited by each partner airline!
Thanks for the response.

All the flights YYZ-ATL, ATL-NRT, NRT-SIN and return have different flight numbers. I am planning to fly Delta and book on Comfort+ in order to get full mileage.

I am also looking at another option of flying Air France Premium Economy to PVG for a weekend trip. That should give me 150 percent miles. Including the bonus, it works out to about 0.036/mile. Not fantastic, but good enough.

If I fly AF, would it be possible to use my upgrade coupons from Alitalia?

It is my first time doing MR on Skyteam, appreciate the inputs.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by salfcl
No.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
I am planning to fly Delta and book on Comfort+ in order to get full mileage.
AFIK, DL has not a separate comfort class. They're selling the first rows of Economy as Comfort+ as a booking option, means you just pay for a 'better' seat. But that won't affect the booking class to your ticket. < link >

AF and AZ have an own class, called premium economy / classica plus. To book those seats you need to buy a premium fare, wich has separate booking-classes and you will be rewarded by more miles.

The best ratio is, if you're booking AZ business class, earns 300% plus 100% CFP bonus.

You can only use them on AZ and only with the expensive fares. Often a paid discounted ticket in the higher class is cheaper. You will find the discussion about the UPGR voucher in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...grades-az.html
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
AFIK, DL has not a separate comfort class. They're selling the first rows of Economy as Comfort+ as a booking option, means you just pay for a 'better' seat. But that won't affect the booking class to your ticket. < link >

AF and AZ have an own class, called premium economy / classica plus. To book those seats you need to buy a premium fare, wich has separate booking-classes and you will be rewarded by more miles.

The best ratio is, if you're booking AZ business class, earns 300% plus 100% CFP bonus.

You can only use them on AZ and only with the expensive fares. Often a paid discounted ticket in the higher class is cheaper. You will find the discussion about the UPGR voucher in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...grades-az.html
Thank you so much for the detailed reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.