Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do with an $800.00 voucher

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:15 am

The story brings back similar memories! In my case it was, again (!) Delta that cancelled my AF award ticket but not that of my wife. In my case there were no award seats available, as a matter of fact no seats at all, what so ever, for two days. This meant staying two more nights at San Francisco, paying for a one-way ticket for me and waiting for a couple of months for AF to reimburse me for that. I got nothing else from AF, not even miles, that said that it was not their fault that DL screwed my reservation. I gave up when I got back the money for the ticket, considering the two extra nights in San Francisco as two more days of vacation (by the way, my hotel gave me a very cheap price for the two nights, but... apologized that we had to change rooms).

It seems like DL agents get confused with partner award flights and just cancel them!
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
It seems like DL agents get confused with partner award flights and just cancel them!
Wow! Sounds like you let them get off easy! Or are you saying that two days of vacation WITHOUT your wife was more than enough compensation?

Originally Posted by gianlucamos
If you really don't want to waste the amount of the voucher AZ gave you, you could have a llok at any codesharing flights AZ could have with other skyteam airlines, but could be sold by AZ itself. In this case the voucher won't expire too easily, especially beacuse NY's airports have got many flights operated by DL, and you could find some of them having AZ code as well: in that case I'm pretty sure you may pay the flights with your voucher.
I'm not sure what you mean by code sharing, as I am a novice with all this. Are you saying that if I call AZ and try to book a flight say, from JFK to LAX, and there is a flight available on another Skyteam member, such as Delta, I would be able to book it through AZ with my voucher?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
Wow! Sounds like you let them get off easy! Or are you saying that two days of vacation WITHOUT your wife was more than enough compensation?
No, they changed her booking for free, so she travelled with me!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gianlucamos
If you really don't want to waste the amount of the voucher AZ gave you, you could have a llok at any codesharing flights AZ could have with other skyteam airlines, but could be sold by AZ itself. In this case the voucher won't expire too easily, especially beacuse NY's airports have got many flights operated by DL, and you could find some of them having AZ code as well: in that case I'm pretty sure you may pay the flights with your voucher.
Alitalia will not, or cannot, sell tickets as codeshares on domestic DL flights without there being a longhaul sector included (whether on AZ, DL or another partner)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:10 am

60k miles + 800$ voucher sounds about fair to me as compensation.

If you can't use the voucher yourself, you might be able to give it to someone else (trading or the like) but I doubt you can get money without a big fight. And even then, it might not be much more (if at all) considering this was "just" a downgrade on a one-way transatlantik flight paid with miles (ie, if asked how much the flight is in $, they might rightfully show the cheapest Business class fare, which is probably around 1500$ or so (3000$ for a RT - or even less.. sales sometimes can be really low, and a mileage ticket can't be compared with full fare C, can it?) and 75% of that isn't more than what they've offered/got you already.. 60k miles+800$ voucher

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.