Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
A shower won’t be a problem. I passed through in January, arriving from GRU and en route to LHR, and the staff were happy to help. The showers were busy, so I had to wait a little while, but not too long. Let them know you’d like a shower as soon as you arrive in the lounge. This was a lounge on the E (non-Schengen) pier, can’t remember if it was Piazza del Popolo or Piazza Di Spagna but both have showers.
Boturham likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Hey all. We are looking at booking a flight from FCO to SUF (domestic flight) after arriving on CI 75 from TPE (International flight). Will we be able to access any skyteam lounge before our flight (ST elite +)? Also I assume if we book the cheapest fight type with no baggage we should still be given the extra baggage of 10-20kgs per person? Also how strict are they with allowing a child (3yrs old) into the lounge when 2 passengers are skyteam elite members (wife and son) and 1 skyteam elite plus? On the way out of FCO back to TPE, this don't worry me as CI gives its gold members lounge access anyway. Any idea also the transfer time? Our flight is supposed to arrive around 8am (usually gets in early) and the flight to SUF is 11:15am so is that enough time to clear immigration (non EU citizen)?

Thanks for all the help.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
Hey all. We are looking at booking a flight from FCO to SUF (domestic flight) after arriving on CI 75 from TPE (International flight). Will we be able to access any skyteam lounge before our flight (ST elite +)? Also I assume if we book the cheapest fight type with no baggage we should still be given the extra baggage of 10-20kgs per person? Also how strict are they with allowing a child (3yrs old) into the lounge when 2 passengers are skyteam elite members (wife and son) and 1 skyteam elite plus? On the way out of FCO back to TPE, this don't worry me as CI gives its gold members lounge access anyway. Any idea also the transfer time? Our flight is supposed to arrive around 8am (usually gets in early) and the flight to SUF is 11:15am so is that enough time to clear immigration (non EU citizen)?

Thanks for all the help.
hi @tris06

T3 is 2 minutes walk from T1 at FCO, and check in area is located just on the corner (arriving from T3). I wouldn’t be worried about it at all.

The only one Alitalia lounge at T1 I would suggest you to use is the one located in front of check in desk (before gates area). You can check in your luggage inside the lounge. CASA ALITALIA PIAZZA NAVONA

then, your domestic flight will leave from B gates area

Only SkyTeam Elite + are allowed for free at Alitalia lounges.

Elite can pay (40€) to be allowed, but any Alitalia Lounge at T1 don’t value this price.

You, as SkyTeam elite + are allowed to bring 1 guest or “sons”. It means you can bring your wife or 2 sons.

Maybe you could have all free access, depending on the employee you will find ....

i confirm you (and normally all the people on same PNR) are allowed to get 1 free 20 kg luggage, if you book in Economy LIGHT.

Hope this can help you and enjoy Italy 🇮🇹 😊
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
@ Dav77. Many thanks. From what I could see the lounge is no where as nice than the other lounges in Terminal 3 and couldn't find anything about the so called young lounge. But I suppose after a long flight the lounge will be more than sufficient in that we can get a shower, a snack and hopefully a place to relax for an hour or 2. 1 son 3 yrs old. We will have to see how to deal with it when we arrive I am just thinking well if need be I would consider paying the 40 euros if we need to wait around 2hrs.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
@ Dav77. Many thanks. From what I could see the lounge is no where as nice than the other lounges in Terminal 3 and couldn't find anything about the so called young lounge. But I suppose after a long flight the lounge will be more than sufficient in that we can get a shower, a snack and hopefully a place to relax for an hour or 2. 1 son 3 yrs old. We will have to see how to deal with it when we arrive I am just thinking well if need be I would consider paying the 40 euros if we need to wait around 2hrs.
young lounge is just side the lounge I told you at T1 outside gates area. You will see it on the left when you are in front of standard Lounge.

Lounges at T3 are better, but even the one at T1 is ok for 2 hours

to be honest, I don’t remember if there are showers at this lounge, but I think no....
tris06 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Dav77
You, as SkyTeam elite + are allowed to bring 1 guest or “sons”. It means you can bring your wife or 2 sons.

Maybe you could have all free access, depending on the employee you will find ....

It used to be true that Alitalia-operated lounges used to admit the guest plus the STE+'s children. This was a boon when travelling with my wife and son on the outbound legs of our trips from Italy (On the return leg my wife generally offered to look round the shops while my son and I accessed the SkyTeam lounge from the departure airport....lucky me, as I realise many spouses wouldn't be so accommodating!) But a couple of years ago we started to be turned away in Italy also, and were told the policy had changed. Which was annoying.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, SK *G
Hi, sorry if this is very stupid question, but I am travelling out of MXP to London and have purchased the 35 EUR lounge pass so that I can try out the lounge. However I havent been given a receipt and there is nothing printed on the boarding pass I have downloaded which mentions lounge access. (I have definitely paid because I can see it on my credit card app). Can i assume Alitalia will have an electronic record under my name when i try to enter the lounge?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SK *G
By way of feedback anyway, we made the trek over to the Casa Alitalia lounge (next to the Emirates lounge) and boy was it worth it. (They had our names written down on a list of customers who had access on the day). Not the largest of spaces but the array of beverages and food was impressive. The lounge attendant was clearly very proud of their new lounge and gave us the tour, highlighting the wines, prosecco and cocktails on offer, as well as barista coffee. There are also 2 brand new showers. The 5.30pm food offering (stone baked pizza) was excellent. The same lounge attendant even came over personally to inform us our flight was ready for boarding. I'd happily arrive early for a flight to spend a bit of time in here. Well done Alitalia.
goodandclassy and Boturham like this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Te MXP lounge is great, even if not as large as the FCO ones - cozy and the views are aOK!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
These must be the lounges you can access on longhaul flights that are being discussed here, because the plain ones for European or domestic flights are pretty awful. There's nothing to merit spending more than half an hour in the Monteverdi lounge in Malpensa. But I guess all my trips through MXP this summer was a temporary thing, because LIN airport was closed.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
The MXP lounge is a temporary situation I believe, as LIN is closed. I second what others say about the Casa Italia lounges though: MXP is smallish but well run, the FCO is bigger and better. Don't connect through LIN - always short Schengen hops anyway - often enough to know what there is available there.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Any feedback on the Piazza Venezia lounge? I’m considering a two hour layover on a BCN to CTA flight (connecting in FCO) on Alitalia. Not a lot of detail on this Schengen area lounge online. I assume I would have access as a Delta Gold while flying economy
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: FB Plat
If it's the one at D gates, I went there last week, and that is a fine lounge. For the greatest pleasure of non-Italian Pax, they serve Limoncello and a few other Italian liquors. Food and drink offer is nice, the seats are starting to age but are still in a good shape. It might be difficult to find a spot in the afternoon.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Casa Alitalia Piazza di Spagna FCO

I loved the breakfast 🥞 😃

Squerez likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.