Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP

Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP

Old Nov 26, 18, 3:39 am

Programs: AF P, DL DM, BA S, HH G, MR P
If my flight departs from a satellite (gates E31-E44) can I still use Casa Alitalia Piazza di Spagna in the main E concourse before catching a people mover?
Old Nov 26, 18, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by urww View Post
If my flight departs from a satellite (gates E31-E44) can I still use Casa Alitalia Piazza di Spagna in the main E concourse before catching a people mover?
Sure you can, you could even pop in to the one landside (former Dolce Vita) for a quick coffee.

G
Old Nov 26, 18, 3:52 am

Programs: AF P, DL DM, BA S, HH G, MR P
AlicorporateUK, thanks a lot!

I'm about to book a flight with 3 hours connection @ FCO. Some of flights to my destination (SVO) depart from E11-E24, others from a satelite. I would be fine to spend 2 hours in a decently looking Piazza di Spagna, but if it's not possible I just book an other option. From my memories the Alitalia lounge at a satellite was plain terrible she I was there in 2011, 2013 and 2014.
Old Nov 26, 18, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by urww View Post
AlicorporateUK, thanks a lot!

I'm about to book a flight with 3 hours connection @ FCO. Some of flights to my destination (SVO) depart from E11-E24, others from a satelite. I would be fine to spend 2 hours in a decently looking Piazza di Spagna, but if it's not possible I just book an other option. From my memories the Alitalia lounge at a satellite was plain terrible she I was there in 2011, 2013 and 2014.
No worries. And yes, I can confirm that the new lounge (30 seconds' walk past the duty free as soon as you clear passports) is truly worth it both in terms of comfort and mostly catering, with plenty of choices (no exaggeration whatsoever in saying that the lounge is amongst the best I've ever visited in Europe).

That said, the Casa Alitalia lounge at the satellite (i.e. E31-E44) is virtually the same (yes, it's been refurbished a couple of years back) and even quieter so no worries on that front either.

Enjoy!

P.S.: most flights to SVO tend to depart from the main concourse i.e. that's where Piazza di Spagna is located but, again, you have 2 excellent options there regardless.

G
Old Jan 15, 19, 11:37 am

Programs: Alitalia
I have an award ticket in business for LAX-FCO-GOA. International leg is obviously in business, while there does not exist a business on this domestic leg, thus economy.
Will I have right to access to Casa Alitalia in FCO arriving from a flight in business? Same PNR, 5 hours of layover.
Old Jan 15, 19, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by annaschummi View Post
I have an award ticket in business for LAX-FCO-GOA. International leg is obviously in business, while there does not exist a business on this domestic leg, thus economy.
Will I have right to access to Casa Alitalia in FCO arriving from a flight in business? Same PNR, 5 hours of layover.
While -as you rightly point out- the domestic segment does not have business class as such (only present on the Rome< >Milan shuttles), this however will still count towards benefits such as lounge access and bonus in terms of points. Needless to say, the advice is not to leave the extra Schengen area (E) until ~40 minutes before your Genoa flight so that you can make the most of the new[ish] Casa Alitalia.

G
Old Jan 15, 19, 11:56 am

Programs: Alitalia
Thank you very much!
Should the international leg boarding pass suffice in order to be admitted to the lounge?
I will definitely remain in E area, assuring the lounge ladies that I know my way to get to B gates.
Old Jan 15, 19, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by annaschummi View Post
Should the international leg boarding pass suffice in order to be admitted to the lounge?
Yes, that’ll do, even though they will be able to see from your GOA boarding pass that you’re coming off a transatlantic in J. Don’t even attempt to get to the other lounge (D), it will just ruin your trip. Enjoy.

G
annaschummi likes this.
Old Jan 20, 19, 2:34 am

Programs: MH Platinum/ OW Emerald
Hi, if I buy an upgrade for my flight to Amsterdam, do I get lounge access?
Old Jan 20, 19, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by quinzinho View Post
if I buy an upgrade for my flight to Amsterdam, do I get lounge access?
Yes as also mentioned in the other thread and I would also add that both LIN lounges are not really worth a prolonged stay (food/wine/prosecco okay for a quick snack/drink, the one upstairs gets fairly busy and noisy at times, it has however an attended bar if you’re looking for a decent espresso).

G
quinzinho likes this.
Old Jan 21, 19, 2:43 am
Formerly known as pmcgurk

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
FCO Lounge Location Map

AZ have very helpfully posted a map showing all the lounge locations at FCO - I found this useful as it can be a slightly confusing airport for layout and am adding it here, along with the URL, for the assistance of others.

The "E" gates are non-Schengen; "D" is Schengen. Piazza Navona and Young Lounge are landside, the others airside.

Map is here

FCO AZ Lounge Locations
Old Feb 28, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Hi guys,

Anything new going on about lounges in Schengen? Or is it still the one at the end of D and the landside one, for the foreseeable future?

Also, I have an overnight connection upcoming. Can I get into a lounge after arrival? It will be <24h before departure, but different day. I will be travelling in EU C and I am STE+.
Old May 23, 19, 7:50 am

Programs: FB Gold & Petroleum
I read through this thread but I can not figure out which Lounge I have access to. Traveling to EZE in J, seems to depart from T1. If someone could tell me which lounge I can access and how the shower situation is, your help would be much appreciated.
Old May 23, 19, 12:37 pm

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Originally Posted by Boturham View Post
I read through this thread but I can not figure out which Lounge I have access to. Traveling to EZE in J, seems to depart from T1. If someone could tell me which lounge I can access and how the shower situation is, your help would be much appreciated.
at T1 you will find a lounge before the airport checks (in front of them you turn right and right again). There is also possibility to check in your luggage inside this lounge.

However, I think your flight to Buenos Aires leaves from T3 if it’s the one at 7.00 PM.

Inside T1, after airport checks, you will find “casa Alitalia Piazza del popolo” Lounge, at E gates area, near to your gate, if you will get the 11.00 PM flight.
Old May 24, 19, 9:51 pm

Programs: FB Gold & Petroleum
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post

at T1 you will find a lounge before the airport checks (in front of them you turn right and right again). There is also possibility to check in your luggage inside this lounge.

However, I think your flight to Buenos Aires leaves from T3 if it’s the one at 7.00 PM.

Inside T1, after airport checks, you will find “casa Alitalia Piazza del popolo” Lounge, at E gates area, near to your gate, if you will get the 11.00 PM flight.
Flight was originally set to depart at 21.45 from T1 but already a few hours delayed. I'm connecting from intra-Schengen, so was just hoping to get a shower.

Search this Thread