Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
Your MLA flight will leave from the Schengen side, and you will have to clear passport control to get there, so even if technically you can go to the lounge after clearing security, I will not recommend wasting time before heading to immigration.
Thanks, although now I see the weather report for JFK is very bad for my departure date. Might cause me to miss my connection. Do you think they'd let me in even though my 2nd leg is not J?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:16 am

A new Casa Alitalia lounge will open this coming week at FCO, concourse E. I think that’s great news because the current lounge is a dump and the nicer lounge in the old concourse (gates E31-44) is clearly inconveniently located. That said, I’ll try to take some pictures next week on my way to Belgrade.

On a slightly different note, works for the new building (gates A) are also proceeding pretty fast.

G
fasteddie1971 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:42 am

Credit to the folks @ Aviazione Civile, a few pictures of the new Alitalia lounge in Rome (concourse E):

Nuova Casa Alitalia Molo E - Fiumicino

G
f0zzyNUE and Air Rarotonga like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Finally - AZ also posts on their website ... https://www.alitalia.com/en_it/fly-a...-alitalia.html
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:49 am

I popped in briefly yesterday (while my Belgrade flight was already boarding hence no pictures, sorry) just to have a quick look and I must say the lounge is very nice, particularly handy for most non-Schengen departures (those departing from E31-44 can still use the other Casa Alitalia at the satellite, which is equally a decent lounge). Food-wise: plenty to choose from - freshly baked pizza (prepared on site exactly like in the other previously mentioned lounge) above all, plenty of cold cuts (including bresaola) as well and overall above average compared to most lounges in Europe (food-wise at least). The only minus: it feels 'gloomy', possibly even worse than the lounge in pier D (or indeed the one at the satellite), there are no windows and I personally dislike places with no views of the outside, especially in airports (both LIN lounges much better in that respect, particularly the one upstairs).

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jun 13, 2018 at 3:57 am
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Sneeked into the new Casa Italia on my way in C class from Ams-FCO-FLR few days ago after reading here that there was a brand new lounge. Gracie AlicorporateUK for the tip
Staff initially advised me to go the lounge at D1, but let me in .Had a 2h30 layover. The lounge is stylish and was almost empty when i was around -14h30-16h30 tuesday

there is a bar where you can order wines/coffee etc. A nice buffet with cold and hot items. Very Good quality compared to most lounges. It reminded me a bit of the Brussels Airlines Loft .
Softdrinks and bottles of water to go located under the buffet. Stylish toilets and seating

Pasta and other dishes to order /pizza etc though it seemed only during Italian lunch times....the staff disappeared around 3 pm..

This lounge is mostly for non Schengen and Long haul Skyteam and certainly a good product. recommended
Hopefully a Casa Italia like this will appear asap in the B section.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
I'm flying next week out of FCO on Saudia, which I believe departs from Terminal 3.

There are two lounges listed in the extra Schengen E concourse, which Alitalia brands as Piazza di Spagna and Piazza del Popolo. Which is the better one to use? I presume it's the Piazza di Spagna Lounge? Where exactly is it located?

Two months ago I also accessed an Alitalia lounge before flying extra Schengen to OTP, but it was much smaller than the pictures I see from the Piazza di Spagna lounge on Alitalia's website... I presume the lounge I visited then was the Piazza del Popolo? [can't find pics of it online]

Grazie!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:38 am

I'm currently sitting in Alitalia lounge awaiting my flight to LA. I must say I'm very impressed by the food, the staff and the decor. One of the best lounges I've been to, period!
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
I'm flying next week out of FCO on Saudia, which I believe departs from Terminal 3.

There are two lounges listed in the extra Schengen E concourse, which Alitalia brands as Piazza di Spagna and Piazza del Popolo. Which is the better one to use? I presume it's the Piazza di Spagna Lounge? Where exactly is it located?

Two months ago I also accessed an Alitalia lounge before flying extra Schengen to OTP, but it was much smaller than the pictures I see from the Piazza di Spagna lounge on Alitalia's website... I presume the lounge I visited then was the Piazza del Popolo? [can't find pics of it online]

Grazie!
I thought they were all branded Casa Alitalia but, in any case, the best lounge as we stand is the one (recently opened) in the main concourse (E), a couple of minutes' walk past the duty-free area. In case your flight will depart from E31-44, you can use the lounge at the satellite, virtually of the same standards. I presume the one you visited two months ago was the decrepit lounge which indeed got recently replaced by the one I've mentioned above.

G
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I thought they were all branded Casa Alitalia but, in any case, the best lounge as we stand is the one (recently opened) in the main concourse (E), a couple of minutes' walk past the duty-free area. In case your flight will depart from E31-44, you can use the lounge at the satellite, virtually of the same standards. I presume the one you visited two months ago was the decrepit lounge which indeed got recently replaced by the one I've mentioned above.

G
Thanks for the info.

Yeap they were all branded as Casa Alitalia but they got additions like 'Piazza di Spagna', 'Piazza del Popolo', 'Piazza Venezia' and 'Piazza Navona' to differentiate them from each other.
https://www.alitalia.com/it_it/volar...le-lounge.html

One extra question you might know: there is still that flight simulator at the landside lounge at Terminal 1? How long does it take from that lounge to reach the check in desks at T3?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
One extra question you might know: there is still that flight simulator at the landside lounge at Terminal 1? How long does it take from that lounge to reach the check in desks at T3?
It's been quite some time since I popped in to the lounge question but the simulator was definitely there after the revamp. That aside, T1 to T3 is a relatively short walk, the easiest way is to go outside, turn right and walk all the way down, good excuse for a nice stroll and indeed some fresh air (well, temperatures permitting).

I hope this helps but please shout should you need any further assistance.

P.S.: here are some pictures of the new lounge (concourse E), you need to scroll down to post number 3.

G
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:18 pm

It's been quite some time since I popped in to the lounge question but the simulator was definitely there after the revamp. That aside, T1 to T3 is a relatively short walk, the easiest way is to go outside, turn right and walk all the way down, good excuse for a nice stroll and indeed some fresh air (well, temperatures permitting).

I hope this helps but please shout should you need any further assistance.

P.S.: here are some pictures of the new lounge (concourse E), you need to scroll down to post number 3.

G
Thanks very much for the information, it's indeed helpful for me to plan my day the best possible as not to waste too much time and to make sure I have my fill of flight simulator fun, some hours of work, and a wee bit of prosecco before my two dry flights on SV. I'm sure in that aspect, an outside walk in between the two booze lounge experiences cannot do harm
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:42 am

Unfortunately there is no more flight simulator in the landside lounge at T1. The super friendly lounge dragon was surprised when I turned up at her lounge in T1 and advised I should go instead to the newly renovated one in T3 where my flight departs. When I asked I came for the simulator she said that unfortunately they took it away.

I can confirm that the T3 lounge as mentioned before is indeed quite stunning, both in terms of the design and for the freshly cooked food. But did they downgrade the prosecco on offer?

Not that Villa Sandi is bad [it tastes good!] but I remember Ferrari was being served before?

PS. Thanks again AlicorporateUK for the advice.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:09 am

@Romanianflyer — I’m most sorry to hear that the simulator is no longer there and indeed for stating otherwise in my previous post (the last time I was there, I was sitting in one of the last seats on the right hand side as you enter the lounge, towards the simulator itself), my apologies. That aside, Ferrari was still flowing in the lounge at the satellite (E31–E44) the other day as I waited for my flight to Santiago, I hope it was just a temporary/ad-hoc arrangement in the new lounge!

Safe travels,

G
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:41 am

@Romanianflyer — I’m most sorry to hear that the simulator is no longer there and indeed for stating otherwise in my previous post (the last time I was there, I was sitting in one of the last seats on the right hand side as you enter the lounge, towards the simulator itself), my apologies. That aside, Ferrari was still flowing in the lounge at the satellite (E31–E44) the other day as I waited for my flight to Santiago, I hope it was just a temporary/ad-hoc arrangement in the new lounge!

Safe travels,

G
On my return last week, the barkeep said the Prosecco change is for good, so no more Ferrari

Btw, do you know if it is possible to use the lounge, or any other one, as an arrival lounge for a quick shower before heading into the city? Or to gain access with a separate ticket with a departure 24 hours later the next day?

I'm planning a trip to/from Rome on two separate [Sky Team] tickets with about 24 hours between the flights.. I'm Flying Blue platinum for what it's worth...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.